03

A/N: Just updated the music! You can now listen to the score that goes along with the story. When this symbol is shown, turn off the music: ≪ °🔇° ≫

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

Antonio's room was HUGE.

A large treehouse grew in the middle of the room, and lots of vegetation was sprouting around it. The tree was decorated with a waterfall and mushroom-like platforms.

"This room.. is so cool!!" Sofia yelled. Everyone started to dance again on the platform by the tree. It was a really pretty sight. It was starting to get too crowded though, people were brushing up against me and I needed a break.

"Hey Sofia, I'll be right back. Just gonna go get some water or something." Sofia nodded and continued to dance with Isabella.

By the time I had gotten to the bottom of the stairs, nausea had taken over and I needed to sit down.

≪ °🎵° ≫

I ran around the main floor of casita to find the kitchen, where I fell to the ground, leaning against the counter. I caught my breath for a few seconds before standing up and getting a cup of water from the sink.

Gulping down the water, a shatter was heard from the main room. I looked into the open area and noticed Mirabel kneeling down to look at a broken tile on the floor.

"Mirabel? What are you-" Mirabel dropped the tile immediately by accident, cutting her palm in the act. "Ah! Marie, god you scared me- ah." I rushed over. "Oh my god, are you okay?! I mean obviously not-" I started off but we were interrupted by the ear bursting sounds of La Casita splitting into pieces.

"Holy..." The noises got louder and the cracks were headed towards the candle.

Mirabel grabbed my hand and we rushed towards little Antonio's new room. We burst through the door and Mirabel began to yell, clearly panicking.

"The house is in danger, the house is in danger!" The music stopped and everyone stared at us. I looked down to pick the yellow paint off my arm again.

"The tiles were falling, and there were cracks everywhere." Mirabel tried to catch her breath. Abuela fixed her cardigan and spoke up. "Show me."

We followed Mirabel outside and we ran down to the main floor to look around. "What..?" I whispered. The cracks were gone.

"No, that's.. the cracks were there. They were everywhere. The house was in trouble, the candle was.." Mirabel scoffed. "Abuela, I promise.." Abuela stopped her mid sentence. "That's enough. There's nothing wrong with La Casa Madrigal. The magic is strong, and so are the drinks.." The crowd laughed. "Please! Music!"

≪ °🔇° ≫

Abuela didn't believe us. The house was shaking and crumbling, and she didn't believe it. Mirabel even cut her hand, that's enough proof on its own. Julieta walked us to the kitchen, I kept a hand on Mirabel's back for support.

"And I might not be super strong like Luisa, or effortlessly perfect like señorita perfecta Isabela who's never even had a bad hair day, but..." She sighed. "Whatever.."

"You're just as special as anyone else in this family." "Mm-hmm. You just healed my hand with an arepa con queso."

I looked out of the kitchen to see Sofia and Isabella looking my way. "Hey Mirabel, I'll see you later, okay? It was nice to meet you, Mrs. Madrigal. Adios!" I quickly said before running off.

On my way over, I crashed into the woman in yellow. "Oh-!" She fell to the ground. "Li siento! So sorry, ma'am!" I quickly helped her up and continued on. I felt a small raindrop on my hand.

"Hola, Sofia. Hola, Isabella. Everything okay?" I asked them. Since Sofia and Isabella were the same age, they've been friends for a good while. Isabella sometimes comes into the shop to see Sofia, so she knows I'm pretty quiet and doesn't try to bother me while I'm working.

It feels illegal to breathe in the same air she is. She's gorgeous.

"Hola, Marie! Dad and I are going to head home, he spoke to Augustine about you staying here overnight to get to know Mirabel more. She's never had a lady-friend the same age as her before." Sofia said. I hesitated. Coming to this party was enough stress on its own. A sleepover? I don't even have my night-clothes.

I did say I was going all out tonight though. Eh.

I hugged Sofia and my dad goodbye before going to the kitchen to find Mirabel. Instead I found a tall lady in a red skirt with a bun on her head. "Uh.. hola.." I tried to back out of the kitchen. The lady looked at me and smiled nervously, like she's seen me before.

"Hola. Mirabel's upstairs in her room."

"Oh. Gracias? How did you know I was looking for her?"

"I can hear really well. Hm. My name's Dolores. Nice to meet you, Marie." She scurried past me and ran upstairs to her room. I heard the door close quietly.

What an odd girl.

Brushing it off, I decided to find Mirabel in her room.

"Ah, Marie! We're having a sleepover, did you hear?" She jumped up and down on her bed before stopping to look at me. I smiled and sat down next to her. "Do you have any night-clothes I could borrow? I didn't bring any, obviosuly.." She nodded. "Sure, we look the same size so it's not a problem!"

We finished our night routine and tried to go to sleep. We were still awake around midnight, so we decided to get up and adventure around the house. Mirabel decided to go up to the roof to take a closer look at the candle. I went to the kitchen for a cup of water.

I was in the middle of taking a sip before I heard a semi-familiar voice behind me.

"Hola, señorita."

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓