11

SURPRISEEEEEEEE, SHAWTY!!!

sleep if you haven't already! this is a REALLY long chapter.

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

Everything was black. No light, no sound, no feelings. I was at peace.

Hol' up. Am I dead?

Last thing I remember is falling off the roof of La Casa Madrigal. And the candle went out. Oh my god, the candle.

What about Camilo? What about Sofia and dad? What about Mirabel?!

I felt something patting my head and quickly sat up, opening my eyes. I let in a sharp breath of air.

"Marie! Oh thank god.." Isabella shook me awake. I glanced around at my surroundings. I was covered in dust and tiny stones. I coughed harshly before looking at her.

"What happened..? Where's Mirabel?"

Isabella shook her head. "She survived, but.. she ran away. And you've been passed out for a long time."

I look around at the rubble of the house. Julieta with Pepa and Antonio, Dolores and Luisa helping Abuela, and Felix trying to comfort a crying Camilo.

"Camilo.." I hoarsely called out his name. His head darted up and he ran over to me quickly, falling to the ground and hugging me tightly. I tried to hug back weakly.

"Mi vida, you're finally awake.." I smiled to myself. "I'm sorry I ran towards the candle, but I had to help." "It's no problem, just don't scare me like that again please.." He pulled away and I caressed his cheek, wiping the tears on his face away. I winced when picked me up and brought me out of the house. He laid me down on a grassy hill and sat next to me.

"I heard Mirabel's missing," I said. "Should we go help look for her?" Camilo glanced at me. "You just woke up from being knocked out, your back is busted from falling off of the second story, which Julieta can't make arepas for-" "Wait, Julieta can't cook? I mean, obviously not in your house, but.."

Camilo shook his head and picked at the grass. "The candle went out. So did the miracle, I guess." I frowned. Was it my fault? No, definitely not. It was already fading. But I crushed it..

(Possible TW right here ->) I picked at the skin around my fingers. When the candle hit the ground, did I land on it? It would've gone out anyways, I probably just sped up the progress of it doing so. I heard a gasp from Camilo and he grabbed my hand. I looked down at it and saw a red liquid. I must've picked too much.

He took something white out of his pocket and put it around my finger. A band-aid. What kind of person just carries band-aids with them everywhere..?

Camilo noticed my confusion and wrapped two more fingers. "I started carrying band-aids with me when I saw you picking at your arms and.. stuff.."

I smiled. "That's really sweet, Camilo. Thanks." He looked at me and grinned, wrapping one more red finger before putting the band-aids away. Almost my entire hand was covered in band-aids, but did I complain? Nope. This was adorable.

My back however, could not be healed with a band-aid. Good news though, I don't think I broke it. Maybe it was just sore? Either way, for the next 10 minutes Camilo tried helping me get back on my feet and basically learn how to walk again. My feet were awkwardly placed all the time and Camilo held onto me, trying to guide me around.

I fell several times, a few on Camilo, but when I could stand on my own again, we started searching for Mirabel. My throat was still hoarse, so he did most of the yelling while I looked around the area.