09

If you're here from a notification- put down the phone and pleaseeee please please go get some sleep <3

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

Camilo picked me up bridal style and the scenery changed back into his normal room. He sat me down on his bed gently. I sniffled, thinking of our conversation moments before.

"Be right back, querida." Camilo stepped through a door and left me in the silent room.

I looked down at my hands, my mind wandering. Why was I getting so emotional over my name? I hear it every day. I don't know why I'm crying.

I don't know if I felt anything for Camilo. In that way, I think. I'm not sure and I don't know how to check. If I ask Sofia, she's going to tell Isabella, who will probably tell him. Those situations always end with chaos and awkwardness. Is that even a word? God dammit.

I look up and Camilo comes out of the door with a small silver tin of petroleum jelly, a blanket, and snacks. "I got a few more things-" Camilo tripped over the blanket and I ran over to help him up. I laughed.

"You didn't have to get all of.. this.." The blanket was huge and heavy. Camilo picked up the rest of the snacks and the tin. We carried the things over to the bed and climbed back up.

He snapped his fingers and the room shrunk a sizable amount to look like an actual bedroom. "Turn around," Camilo said, I complied and he moved my hair over my shoulder. I heard the tin open and felt something cold on my back. I winced in surprise.

"Sorry, calm down, calm down. Look, it's just the jelly." He stuck out his hand to show me. I nodded. "Okay, I'm putting it on in 3.. 2.. 1.." He continued to spread the jelly on my burns. I got used to it and eventually, it was pretty relaxing.

"How did you get these burns, anyways?" Camilo asked me. I sighed and chuckled. "Shower was too hot and I zoned out," He earned a hint of worriedness in his voice. "What were you zoning out about?"

I thought for a second, trying to remember. And when I did, I got really red. "Oh. I- I can't remember. Sorry.." I whispered. I could tell he saw me getting red because he paused for a second before asking if I was okay. "Yeah, no, I'm fine. Promise."

When he was done layering the jelly on my back, he snapped and I was in a cozy sweatshirt and sweatpants, and he was in a t-shirt with sweatpants. "Now we can just chill out. I figured we could talk for a little bit before going to sleep, since its only around 10 pm?" I turned around criss-cross, and looked at him. He looked like he was scared to ask, but I was loving the idea.

"Sure! Maybe we can play a game? But no more riddles." I lightly laughed and he smiled. We grabbed a small container of Julieta's arepa's and took one each, leaning against the headboard. "Truth or dare, but it gets more difficult as it continues?" He asked. I tapped my chin. "Hm. Okay, sounds fun."

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Okay.. I dare you to..... slap me."

"What?"

"I couldn't think of anything else!"

Camilo groaned. We were 10 minutes into the game and neither of us have been able to come up with anything interesting. "Truth or dare isn't the easiest game to play with only 2 people," He said.

"Anyways, skipping that one. Truth or dare."

"Dare."

"Okay, uhm.. I dare you to dance to no music."

"You didn't even ask me truth or dare! And there is no way I'm wasting my-" I waved my hands around to brag. "-amazing dancing skills on a dare. With no music, even."

"Okay, okay, fine. Truth or dare."

"Truth."

"You're only saying that because-"

"Oh my god, Camilo, just give me a truth!" I laughed and slapped my face.

He smiled at me.

"Okay.. If you starred in a telenovela, what would the plot be?"

"Ooh- Okay well, first off, it would definitely be like a Romeo-Juliet situation. You know, like, boy likes girl, girl likes boy, girl's parents don't like boy, that kind of shit."

"But don't they both die at the end-?"

"Instead of dying they run away. Because I know I don't want to die for love, telenovela or not."

He pulled his head back in shock and laughed. "Damn, hermosa, that was kind of harsh-" I giggled and looked at him. "I'm just saying, I'm not dying for no boy. What did you expect, I'm my father's daughter after all."

We stopped laughing and I took a bite of an arepa. "Back to the game. Truth or dare?" I asked.

"Dare."

"Wellllll I dare you to slap me."

"Why do you want me to slap you so much?!"

"Because it'll be funny?! I don't know just do it!"

He finally worked up the courage to hit me, and when he did, he hit me really hard, probably without knowing. But when I held my cheek he knew he hit me a little too hard.

"Ow, not that hard, idiot!"

"Sorry- oh my gosh I'm so sorry-"

"It's fine, it's fine," I laughed. "It's nothing but a little sting."

We both were quiet for a while before I saw a big change in Camilo's attitude.

He was smirking.

I was very confused, and I'm sure he knew that.

"What?" I asked.

"I could kiss it to make you feel better."

When I tell you I was flustered as hell, I meant that. Every emotion, every feeling, all at once. I just sat there. Didn't know what to do.

I slightly nodded. Camilo propped up on his elbow and, yeah, planted a kiss on my cheek, a little too close to my jawline.

He pulled away, my face still red-hot, and we made eye contact for a few seconds before his normal attitude came back and Camilo sat up to start moving all the food onto a nightstand beside the bed. I looked away from the back of his head and turned over on my side. "Well, I think it's time to go to sleep." He sighed and laid down on the other edge of the bed.

He whispered.

"Buenas noches, hermosa."

And I whispered back.

"Buenas noches, chico lindo."

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

A/N: I'm so sorry for the small writing hiatus. My updating schedule is really confusing- but I'll try to be more consistent!

I hope this makes up a bit for the break? :,)

Eat, drink, sleep, and stay focused on school work! Ly guys <3

-Rosé🌹