05

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

Mirabel and I both woke up to the sound of Casita bouncing a clock on floorboards. I yawned and stretched my arms out, waking up slowly. Mirabel bounced out of bed and laughed at the springing clock. "Okay, okay casita. We get it." She picked up the clock and set it down on the dresser.

"Get up and get dressed, Marie! We're going on an adventure today." Mirabel handed me my clothes, the white top and long red skirt from last night's party. Mirabel fixed her hair and put on her glasses while I got dressed. "Alright, done. Wait so, where are we going- woah!" Mirabel grabbed my hand and we ran downstairs. On the way to the breakfast table outside, Mirabel updated me on the magic situation.

"..I heard Abuela talking last night about the magic dying. I don't know if she believes us but by the sound of it, she seems worried as well. Anyways I think it's up to us to save the magic because you're my new best friend and I'm going to need help with this mission." Mirabel stopped and adjusted her glasses, looking at me. I grinned awkwardly and nodded, attempting to fix my hair which I didn't get a chance to brush out. It was curlier than usual and was itching my neck.

Mirabel continued talking and looked towards the food table, where the tall lady from yesterday was standing, getting breakfast. "Now, I have no idea whatsoever on how to "fix" or "save" a miracle. But there is one person in this family who hears everything about everything. So, if anyone would know what's wrong with the magic.." Mirabel nodded towards Dolores.. "It's her."

Mirabel and I headed towards Dolores, who looked at us oddly, not saying a word. Mirabel rambled on.

"Dolores, hey. You know, out of all my older cousins, you're, like, my favorite cousin, so I feel like I can talk to you about anything, ergo you can talk to me about anything. Like the problem with the magic last night that no one seemed to worry about, but maybe you heard about that maybe I should know about-"

She must've practiced for this moment because there is no way she just spat all those words out in a short amount of time. Dolores looked at me for awhile and then back at Mirabel.

"Camilo! Stop pretending you're Dolores so you can have seconds." The man in yellow (from last night) said behind us. I looked back to 'Dolores', who quickly shifted down to Camilo, in his iconic yellow ruana and the stack of arepas on his plate. That's right- shapeshifter. I'll keep that in mind..

"Worth a shot. Agh! Ow-" Casita hit him in the back, almost knocking over his arepa tower. I stifled a giggle. Camilo smiled at us and walked over to the breakfast table in the yard.

The real Dolores came around us to get her breakfast. "The only one worried about the magic is you. And the rats, talking in the walls.." She started.

"..Oh, and Luisa, I heard her eye twitching. All night. Hm." Dolores squeaked and walked away. Mirabel and I looked at each other, then to Luisa, who was setting down a table with one hand.

"There we go," She said. Abuela came out of the house with a cup of coffee. "Everyone, to the table! Let's go, let's go." Mirabel sat down next to Luisa, and I attempted to follow along. The lady in yellow sat down next to Mirabel and her husband though, and I had no idea where to sit.

I stood there for what seemed like an hour to me at least. Tears were brimming in my eyes and the world seemed to start spinning. Do I ask someone to move down? What if they say no? What if there's assigned seats? Where are the chairs? Is it disrespectful to leave to get a chair? What the hell am I supposed to do?!

Mirabel noticed my anxiety and yelled out. "Casita, another chair please? We have an extra guest today!" Casita pulled up a chair in between Mirabel's father, Augustine, and Camilo. I took a deep breath, in and out, and went to go sit down.

I set my plate on the table and scooched my chair in. I looked down and searched for the paint from yesterday, peeling up now. I fell down a rabbit hole trying to pick at it again, zoning out and ignoring anything and everyone.

"...rie? Marie. Marie!" I heard a loud whisper in my ear. A soft hand reached out to take my picking hand off of the paint, which was now causing a bad rash.

My head shot up and I jerked back in my chair. "Huh- what!" I looked around the table. Everyone was staring at me. They went back to talking after a short pause, and I looked to my left, where Camilo was holding my hand and brushing my knuckles with his thumb. He looked freakishly worried.

"You were picking at the paint.. again.." He nodded down to my arm. The rash was a lot more red and spotted now. I looked up at him.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry about me, please." I turned back to the table and let go of his hand, holding my own hands together self-consciously.

He looked away, keeping the worried expression on his face, and stopped eating his breakfast. I did the same.

"So... I've never seen you around here before," The lady in yellow said, smiling. I glanced at her and the man in yellow beside her. "Are you new here?" He finished.

"No, sorry, I just don't come out of my workshop very often."

"Workshop?"

"I'm the artist for my dad's art business. Hernandez paint and canvases?" The lady grinned.

"Oh yes, I've been there before! We have a few of the paintings around the house from there. I'm Pepa and this is Felix, my husband. You should already know Dolores, Camilo and Antonio."

Felix waved to me, and I saw little Tonito pop his head out from the side of the table to see me. "Hiii!!" He waved. "Nice to meet you, miss!" I smiled and waved back before speaking to Pepa and Felix again. "Nice to meet you, too. My names Marie." Felix chuckled and looked at Camilo, who was now hiding his face.
"Oh, we know~!"

I covered my smile and listened to Abuela's morning speech.

After the speech was over, I looked for Mirabel at the table, but both her and Luisa were gone, and more people were starting to leave. I'd only taken a few bites of my arepa and small sips of the orange juice. I should be on my way back to the workshop soon...

I began to get up from my seat to throw away my half eaten breakfast. I felt Camilo looking at me hesitantly, before attempting to finish his food. I threw away my breakfast and started on my way back to the shop, thanking Julieta for the food on the way.

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

A/N: Just another filler chapter, we're getting into some of 'The awkward duo's new adventure now, and Marie's going to learn some ways to calm her nerves in the future.

Question: What kind of Camilo x Marie scenes would you guys like to see in the future? Leave suggestions right here in comments :]

Have a great day/night!! Take care of yourselves~
-Rosé🌹