10

if it's late at night for you, please go to sleep :)

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

I woke up slowly. A beam of light was coming in through an open window. The room I had fallen asleep in had changed overnight. It was a lot smaller now, and a lot cozier.

I heard a soft groan from behind me, and realized I was being pulled in from somewhere.

Can I turn my head? My arms are trapped.

I tilted my head upwards a bit and saw a familiar head of brown curls. His eyes opened slightly and he looked down and me with a small smile. "Morning, chica." He whispered with a morning voice.

I quickly turned my head back and thoroughly analyzed my situation. I was being held captive by a very cute boy, basically imprisoning me in a warm, fuzzy embrace. My arms were locked, his arm was hugging it. I blushed. What a crime.

Even though this boy was sweetly holding me hostage, I attempted to nudge his arm back over to his side and flipped him over. He whined. "Heyyy, why did you do that?" Camilo opened his eyes all the way and did a puppy face.

I rolled my eyes and glared at him with a smile. "I haven't been back to my house in what seems like forever. I have to go back."

He sat up against the headboard with his arms against his back. "Okay, but why so early? It's like.. 8 in the morning, or something." I got up and tied the ribbon on my shoes. "Correction, it's 9 in the morning. And I don't think my father is growing very fond of you, so I need to persuade him you're not a mean person. Which means, extra time with him."

Camilo raised an eyebrow but sighed. "Fine, fine. But promise me we can still hangout sometime?" He folded his hands.

I smiled. "Promise." I walked out of Camilo's room and my clothes changed back to normal. I looked around at the roof where Camilo and I had our dance. The image came back into my mind and I accepted it happily.

I waved to Isabella and Luisa on my way out of the house.

Upon arriving at home, I was rudely greeted by 3 men in formal wear talking to my dad, who had a suspicious look of concern on his face. Sofia cowered behind him.

I tip-toed into the workshop and pulled Sofia away.

"Hey, who are those people?"

"First off, where have you been all night? Dad was worried out of his wits about you."

"I was with.. uh.. Mirabel. Now who are those people?"

"Tax collectors or something? I'm not sure. Whatever it is, I don't think we're okay."

I glanced at dad who was trying to bargain with the men before giving up and turning around. The men walked away. Dad came closer to us and filled us in.

"Girls, I made a big mistake. Remember the generous donor from awhile ago?" Sofia and I nodded hesitantly.

"I spent all of the money on food, and didn't have any left over for rent."

My jaw dropped open. "So we're being evicted?!" Sofia put her hands in her face.

Dad sadly nodded. I looked around at all the paintings I made here and the piles of finished pieces. I picked one up. "What about the business?" I asked.

"We're not allowed to sell anymore. They shut down our shop."

A wet splotch fell onto the painting, staining the beautiful watercolors. I threw it towards the wall and began to sob. Sofia ran over to me and hugged me tightly. "Shh, shh, it'll be okay..."

Where are we going to go?

━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━

Once everyone came to their senses again, I figured it would be a smart idea to gather my things up in a suitcase and box up my paintings. I had a brilliant plan.

8 Hours ago I told Camilo I had to hang out with my family more, but the Madrigals were probably the only people that would bother to help us now.

So walking up to the door, I knocked and patiently waited for a reply. Julieta opened the door and motioned me to come inside. I opened my mouth to speak, but she was faster to talk.

"Marie, thank goodness you're here. We can't find Mirabel. We've searched everywhere, but nobody can find her. We're starting to get worried and we need your help-" She said quickly. I nodded, and just as we were about to go look somewhere else, I heard the sound of music and looked up to see Mirabel and a very colorful Isabella swinging around the house before coming in front of the candle and embracing each other.

The candle burned brighter, but of course someone had to ruin the fun for everyone.

"What is going on?!" A strong voice came from the entrance of the house. Abuela looked furious. Isabella and Mirabel came down from the roof and Mirabel attempted to persuade Abuela about helping the miracle. Abuela shoved it off.

I couldn't watch Abuela yell at Mirabel like that. Abuela yelled about all the things her kids and grandkids had done wrong. I looked around at everyone else in the house, who was looking down nervously. "Isabella's out of control, Luisa's gift is fading, and Camilo's gone soft."

I looked at Camilo and noticed a trail of water on his face, and that's when I think I lost it. But just before I found the courage to bash Abuela's head into the ground, a large crack split through the floor of La Casa and through the town.

The house rumbled and the candle flickered.

"Casita, get us up there!" Mirabel yelled. 2 Ladder-like railing slid down from the second floor and we climbed up.

I saw Camilo out of the corner of my eye running towards me yelling and crying. My ladder leaned back a little and I grabbed onto the roof. Camilo reached a hand out to me, his face now streaming tears.

"Please, no, just come down! Both of you! Please."

But I gave him a light smile and kept climbing. Mirabel and I reached the top and I grabbed the candle. I turned around to slide down, but life must've had a different idea, because the next thing I knew, I tripped on the ladder and everything slowed down.

Camilo crying and being pushed out of the house.

Mirabel yelling and sliding down towards me.

And my own hand, reaching out for some kind of help.

Time went back to normal and the candle hit the ground, crumbling to pieces beneath the stones. My back hit the ground with a thud, and everything went black.

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

A/N: Sooooooooo :)

Hi again everyone! We're finally getting back onto the actual timeline of the movie, which is going to make writing a LOT easier for me! Woo🥳

Remember to eat, drink, and sleep!
or else.

Love y'all!
-Rosé🌹