13

This ones gonna be pretty short. I got distracted watching "NEZUKO-CHAAAAAAAAAAAN" videos so now I'm tired heh ANYWAYS let's go see what Camilo and Carlos are up to!

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

I stood at the sink, helping Mirabel and Sofia wash the dishes from dinner. Everyone else in the house was crowded around the seat at the front of the dining table- specifically where Carlos was.

Carlos had been sent away on a scholarship for the school year to get an excellent education, and did he live up to those standards? No. He exceeded them.

He wore a triangular, cherry-red ruana instead of the yellow, square-shaped one I was used to. His curls covered half of his face, and he had a habit of ever-so-slightly tilting his head down and cocking it to the side, which was intimidating on it's own.

I spent the rest of the day examining and studying this figure. The way he acted, the way he talked, his unnatural accent- even though he was born here in Colombia. 

I turned my head slightly and squinted to examine some more. Carlos made eye-contact after a few seconds and glanced up at me from the table (doing the head thing like I mentioned earlier), looked at me up and down, and slightly opened his mouth to give a grim smile. My face started burning and I felt dizzy. I muttered under my breath. "Shit."

"Rie... Marie... MARIE!" I squealed and quickly turned back to the sink. Mirabel and Sofia looked toward the red figure to see what I was staring at. 

Mirabel and Sofia returned each other's worried and confused faces behind my back before continuing to wash.

━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━

Everyone was getting tired, and started heading in for the night. I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist and a heavy head on my shoulder. I immediately noticed the curls-

Hold on a damn minute, you can't notice anything anymore. He has a twin. Ugh!!

I quietly pat the curls anyways, hoping to get some sort of verbal response. If the tone was lighter but tired, it's Camilo. If it's darker and louder, I'm pushing that boy away and kicking him where the sun doesn't shine.

"Mmm.." Lighter. Thank god.

"Hey, aren't you tired, sleepy boy?" I whispered and continued to play with his hair, earning more happy coos. "I don't wanna go to sleep knowing you're not," He snuggled into my shoulder more. 

"You don't have to worry about me. I'll be going to my room as soon as I know this entire kitchen is clean." 

He groaned. "Dude, it's literally almost 12 am. How do you have so much energy?!" He let go and sat up on the counter. I smiled. I've seen this before.

"Well, how do you not? You're a teen and I bet you've probably never stayed up past 1 am." 

"Uhm, yes I have! Way past!"

"Really! Tell me when."

He sat up, clearly ready for business. I crossed my arms, awaiting a stutter, but instead he coughed and began reciting words.

"'You're beautiful, Marie. Inside and out.'" He waved around his hands dramatically and spoke in an old accent. I laughed and un-crossed my arms. He smiled and hopped off the counter, embracing me in a hug.

"Please, please please please, don't stay up too late." He muttered. "Okay sleepy boy. Have a good birthday night!"

He gave me a small peck on the cheek and I returned the motion. "Good night, seniorita."