12

Sleeping is so cool ^^

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

It's been some time since everything's turned back to normal, and awhile since Camilo's 'sleepy-time' episodes started. When I asked him about it, he told me "not to worry about it". Like hell I won't worry about it. I've managed to keep the episodes a secret from the rest of the family for now. Dolores had promised me to keep them a secret until I could figure out why they were happening. Speaking of Camilo, though..

Tonight was October 26th- or more specifically, Camilo's birthday. And might I just say, the Hernandez and Madrigal families together working on one big party was certainly a sight to see.

"No no, you have to butter the pan first-"

"Antonio, get your tiger out of the dining room!"

"ABUELA, WHERE ARE THE TABLE CLOTHS?!"

"Check the blue cabinet!"

*crashing sounds*

"THEY'RE NOT THERE!"

I ducked quickly before a stack of plates was passed from one pair of hands to another. Everyone in La Casa was getting ready for Camilo's birthday, after all, he was turning 16. I took him out to the village today to hang out, and we ended up singing together for the smaller children. He really enjoyed it. Afterwards, we went to go and eat lunch together. But when I asked him about his past birthday traditions, he was oddly quiet and anxious..

I decided not to push anything. I didn't want him to be uncomfortable.

I picked up a stack of napkins and folded them delicately on the table. The loud music from the radio was filling up the room, and the banter from family members was even louder. Camilo was setting down the different plates of foods on the table and kept a blanket over them to keep the dishes warm.

"Hey sis, can you help me with the glasses? There's too many.." Sofia nudged my arm, her hands filled with fancy champagne and juice glasses. "Oh! Yeah, one second." I finished folding the napkins and quickly took half of the glasses into my arms before one could slip from underneath. 

We set down the glasses quickly and adjusted the forks and knives, because somebody put them on the wrong side. (Don't tell anyone, it was actually me. Hehe..)

"15 Minutes until dinner, everyone!" "Go and get ready!" Abuela and my father announced. They had become good friends ever since we merged households.

I ran upstairs to put on my iconic red skirt. My burns have healed from all of Julieta's arepa's over time, and Camilo was more than happy to see they were gone. 

I put my hair into a high ponytail with two loose strands and curled my eyelashes. My cheeks were already naturally rosy, so no face makeup was necessary- nor wanted. My father yelled from downstairs that dinner was ready.

A loud bang came from the entrance to my room. I heard a soft wince and then a polite knock on the door. I stood up and opened it to find Camilo leaning on the wall, rubbing his head. He quickly fixed his posture and held out his elbow. "May I escort you to your seat, m'lady?" 

I smiled and took his arm. "Sure. But it's your birthday, not mine- shouldn't I be escorting you?" Camilo grimaced slightly and shrugged. "That makes sense, but I don't care." I lightly laughed and he grinned. 

We met up with the rest of the family downstairs and took our seats. I sat between Camilo and Sofia, the rest of Camilo's family sitting on the other side of him.

We did a toast to Camilo and began eating, but even though the Hernandez's attempted conversation, the yellow Madrigal's weren't talking as much as they normally would. I leaned over to Camilo.

"Is everything okay? You're a bit quieter than usual.." 

Dolores perked up, smiling, and squeaked. I looked at her questioningly. 

Camilo's eyes widened at Dolores, and he coughed softly. I quickly backed into my seat again. "It's nothing, hermosa.."

I noticed everyone staring at me and I began eating again. Now everyone was dead silent, and there was a lot of tension in the air- most of which I felt was focused on me.

Thankfully, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" I rushed out of my seat, attempting to save myself from further embarrassment. Felix and Pepa stood up quickly, hugging each other, and Camilo reached a hand out to me. "Wait-"

I gently open the door. 

"Huh- Camilo..?"

A curly haired boy in a red ruana leaned on the doorway. Obviously startled, he was taken aback but quickly recovered with a smirk. "Hola, preciosa."

I, who was also startled, quickly looked towards the kitchen and squinted at the other Camilo in the kitchen. He slapped his face and the boy outside stepped inside the house.

"Uhh.." I crossed my hands in front of me. The yellow Madrigals, except Antonio and Camilo, ran over to the stranger to embrace him. Camilo walked up beside me and held my hand, slightly pushing me behind him. I looked up at him, clearly confused. 

The rest of the Madrigals came to greet the stranger and talk to him. Pepa picked up Antonio to the boy's level and laughed with him. The boy diverted his attention to me and Camilo.

"Ah, hello twin! It's been some time, hasn't it?" The boy opened his arms, expecting a hug from Camilo, who hesitantly let go of my hand and hugged him back. "Yeah.. hi." 

The boys stopped hugging and the stranger looked down at me. "We've already met, but I should expect a pretty girl like you would also have a pretty name, hm?" I furrowed my brows and Camilo quickly grabbed my hand again. "Her name is-" 

"Now now, I can handle an introduction, right? My name's Marie Hernandez. Nice to meet you.." 

"Carlos."

"..Carlos."

I shook his hand and Camilo looked at us suspiciously.

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

A/N: THIS TOOK SO LONG IM SO SORRYU 💀

ANYWAYS

NEW PLOT WHAT DO YALL THINK???????????

EAT, DRINK, SLEEP, LOVE YALL!!!!!!

-Rosé🌹