04

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

"Hola, señorita."

I looked behind me to see who it was and found a very tired-looking Camilo, leaning on the frame of the kitchen entrance.

He wore his normal white shirt and black pants, but he left the top 3 buttons undone and left out the ruana. And very, very messed up curly hair.

I slapped a hand over my mouth to stop myself from choking on the water, but the effort was unhelpful. I still drowned.

I doubled over and began to cough. Camilo hurried over, clearly more attentive now. He patted my back in an attempt to help. "I'm so sorry, are you okay? Let me help you stand up.." My breathing slowed down and he helped me back up to my feet.

Camilo stood a couple feet away from me now, hesitantly rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm so sorry for startling you, I wasn't thinking." He was definitely nervous. "No, no- I'm fine, really. It happens sometimes." It never happens. But I didn't want to make him more anxious than he already was.

"What are you doing awake, anyways?" He asked me, raising an eyebrow. "I could ask you the same thing, chico. There's no way you just appeared there.." I questioned him. He crossed his arms. "..out of nowhere." "I heard footsteps outside of my door. It sounded like someone tripped, but when I opened the door I didn't see anyone. Just figured I'd go and look around the house. Also," He picked up one of Julieta's arepa's off of a plate. "Midnight snack." I rolled my eyes and he hopped up on the island counter.

I grabbed an arepa as well and leaned against the counter across from him. "Cheers," Camilo said, and we 'clinked' our treats together, before taking the first bite. (No, he did not already take a bite. That's gross. Stay safe, y'all.) "Damn, these are good." "Nothing beats tía Julieta's arepas," He crossed his legs, finishing the rest of the arepa in one bite. I took more nibbles, trying to savor it.

"Ooh, here wait, I have a riddle for you." Camilo grinned at me. "Try me," I quietly laughed.

"If you've got me, you want to share me; if you share me, you haven't kept me. What am I?" He leaned his body a little bit lower, studying my very confused face.

"Wait, what? How the hell am I supposed to remember that?!" I stared at him menacingly, waiting for a different riddle. "Jeez, okay- I have an easier one. It belongs to you, but other people use it more than you do. What is it?"

"Uhh... give me a second." I sat all the way down on the floor and crossed my legs, hanging my head down. "What the hell are you doing?" "Thinking. This works, all the time." It took me about 30 seconds, and when that time was up, I stood up faster than Camilo had time to move his head, causing our heads to accidentally smack into each other REALLY hard. After we were okay and not in pain anymore, we were able to sit up correctly.

"I hope you got the answer, because that hurt like hell, Marie." Camilo glared at me. "Uh, your name? Sorry.." He slowly clapped and shook his head, smiling. "Good job, hermosa. You were starting to worry me!" We laughed quietly and Camilo came down from the island counter to lean against it and folded his arms together again. After we started to calm down, we stood there for a good 8 seconds, quietly looking at each other.

Camilo broke the now awkward silence with a small cough and ruffled his hair. "Well, you should probably get back to bed, I'm pretty sure Mirabel is already back in the nursery."

I yawned. "Yeah, okay. You should go to sleep too, though."

Camilo escorted me back to the nursey entrance before going towards his door. I heard him stop a few steps after walking to his room and turned back to me.

"Buenas noches, querida."

I looked back at him, a hand on the doorknob.

"Buenas noches, chico lindo." I smiled. He returned the expression and continued on his way to the glowing door.

I opened the door to the nursery and found Mirabel, passed out on the bed, wearing her iconic blue butterfly-embroidered dress, included with the satchel and everything.

What an odd girl..

Nevertheless, I laid down on Antonio's old bed across the room and peacefully fell asleep, the memory of Camilo and I's encounter in the kitchen still in my mind.

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

A/N: Heyo! I'm so sorry this chapter was shorter than my normal length, the power went out and things have been crazy haha- I'm already working on a few ideas for future chapters, including another dancing sceneeeee :D
Tell me what y'all thought about the kitchen short though, I figured it would be a cute idea!

Hope y'all have a great New Year's Day!!!!!!!! Drink water, get sleep, and eat 3 meals a day!! Love you guys :)

-Rosé🌹