Chapter 33

Hey cakelets. NEW CHAPTER, finally. I know this was the longest wait ever. I guess the 100 votes goal was more difficult than I gave it credit. But you achieved it. 

So anyways, this lovely girl at my school came up to me the other day and was like, "Hey, my friend is reading your fanfic and she wanted me to ask you when you were going to update." Hi to that friend, by the way, and thank you SO much for reading. Anyways, it kind of struck me that people are actually reading this. And caring. Enough to send their friends to ask me questions. I can't even explain how much that means to me, honestly. 

The dedication was literally a tie this week, no joke. BUT I HAD TO GO WITH @heyits1D because... get ready for this, because I almost died, she claims she likes this more than Dark. Which isn't even... what no. It seems impossible to be true, but anyways I was in awe. NEVER EVER EXPECTED ANYONE TO SAY THAT TO ME. 

Oh, and for those of you who claim to fangirl for me (which makes my day, you don't even know)... I love you. But remember this.. I'm a normal girl who has walked out of her flip flops in the middle of the hallway. I've spilled hot sauce all over my brand new sweatpants and panicked trying to wash them. I haven't dated anyone since 4th grade, which doesn't even count. I can't do hair to save my life. I'm definitely not special enough to fangirl over. 

---------------

Chapter 33 *Wedding in: 16d*

-Arabella-

   I tremble with dizzying exhilaration as my gaze sweeps across the glittering room. The sharp, stabbing heels of my tasteful stilettos clack softly across the marble floor and my eyes flutter uncontrollably, struggling to absorb each dazzling detail. My mind flicks past the magnificent, massive windows, while allow simple light to flood the shimmering room. As the sun's rays stream inside, they bounce with an effortless, enchanting beauty off of the countless reflective surfaces that decorate the area... the chandeliers cloaked with twinkling crystals, the glistening satin tablecloths, the elegant glass catering tables; the room is seemingly embedded inside of a huge diamond.

   Nothing else could tie in so seamlessly with mine and Harry's relationship... huge and unforgettable and beautiful and enrapturing.

   I whirl around, fixing my sights on Hallie, whose widened eyes and agape mouth portray utter awe. Beaming, I declare with breathless satisfaction, "It's... flawless."

   Speechlessly, Hallie nods. "I... I... it's more beautiful than I could have possibly imagined," she sputters, a wistful, if not crestfallen, expression flitting onto her face.

   "Can you believe it, though? Can you even imagine it, that Harry and I'll be married in two weeks? That the next time we set foot into this room, I'll officially be Arabella Styles?" An innocent, playful smirk, cleverly disguised as a smile, curls my lips as I glimpse my words' deliberate effect on her... suddenly, her rosy cheeks are ashen and her sparkling eyes dulled.

   "Hardly," she replies dryly, sullenly folding her arms across her chest which, needless to say, is somewhat lacking in comparison to mine.

   It's impossible to resist uttering my next sentence, "It's just incredible, you know, that Harry is going to be my husband." Hallie droops visibly, as though a withering flower; it's quite obvious that the distressing combination of guilt and heartbreak are rapidly snipping at her conscience.

   "Absolutely."

   "And do you know what's even more amazing?" I continue thoughtfully, a barrage of memories flooding my mind and momentarily distracting me from any revenge scheme. "You know what seems positively unreal? That you've been here all along. The day I decided that I was interested in Harry, who was the first person I called, besides him, of course? You. And when he cheated on me with that Emma bitch, whose house did I storm away to? Who comforted me? You. And when he proposed, I rushed to your hotel room, spilled the whole event to you first. And then..." I cough lightly and a genuine tear prickles in the corner of my carefully lined and mascara-brushed eye, I blink it back. It's remarkable, really, to think that Hallie has remained firmly by my side through everything, adoring Harry all the while and stifling her feelings simply to satisfy me. And to think, if only she could've refrained from admitting her love for my fiancé, we'd have avoided this entire conflict altogether. "Then you've been here, planning this wedding and whatnot and I owe you so much. In fact, I never really thanked you for all of it."