Chapter 19

Dedication goes to @McCradie because she called me an inspiration, which I don't think I am, but it still means a lot and made me smile. <3 thanks boo.

-----------------

Chapter 19 *Wedding in: 9m 13d* 

-Arabella-

   The bathroom is steamy and mirrors fogged over when I step out from under the spray of my relaxingly hot shower. I've needed something to release my tensions, what with all this wedding crap weighing on my shoulders.

   "Ara?" Harry barges in, a delighted smirk curling his lips as his eyes roam my body. "Well that's a good look for you." 

   "Shut up," I order, scrambling to find my fluffy, luxurious towel. I wrap it around my midsection with a huff and flash him a smug smile before prancing towards my vanity mirror.

   "I was wondering if we're doing anything fun today," he questions, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. Typical, typical Harry.

   "I'm going shopping," I inform him, raking a brush through my thick golden locks.

   In the reflection, I watch Harry raise his eyebrows and open his mouth to object. He's still convinced my constant shopping habits are a reason that the fans dislike me, when it's clearly jealousy. I've explained this to him countless times, but he's ridiculously, frustratingly stubborn. Controlling himself, he takes a heavy breath and asks, "Well, are you taking Hal?" 

   I flinch and reply in my most dismissive tone, "No." Since Hallie arrived, we've been having loads of fun: gossiping, watching chick flicks, giggling until midnight. Harry hasn't even mentioned anything about her staying here; he seems quite pleased to have her around, and they get along like brother and sister. Unfortunately, she hasn't worked the slightest on the wedding, so I'm leaving her behind to do so. That's why I invited her here, after all.

   "Oh." Before he can continue his pointless blabbering, I switch on my blow dryer, the deafening air blasting into my hair and cutting off all conversation. After a moment, Harry turns on his heel and wanders out of the room. 

-Hallie- 

   I fiddle with my pen and stare dully at the dark wooden desk. This. Is. Torture. When Ara announced that she was going out today, I automatically assumed the next words to pop out of her mouth would be, 'So hurry up!' I mean, it's practically tradition that if we shop, we shop together.

   Instead, storming into my room with freshly dried hair and frosted pink lips, she announced, "Hey Hal, I'm going out today so you'll have all afternoon to plan the wedding! Make sure you get a lot done, we're too far behind to dawdle." She seemed to think I would be delighted to spend the day with my nose stuck in a binder inventing ideas for a wedding I don't even want to happen. 

   Of course, on the bright side I won't have to suffer through her presence. In the last two sessions, Arabella has described an impossible wedding- simple but elegant and detailed. Crisp and white, nothing bright and flashy because everything should be centered on her. I'd prefer working in a muddy ditch on the edge of the street with a blind homeless person to working with her.

   It's been two hours since Ara roared out of the driveway with her cute little silver Mustang convertible (her eighteenth birthday present from, you guessed it, Harry) and I've been barred up in this room the entire time. 

   So far, I've scribbled a grand total of two words onto this magnificent idea sheet. Elegant and chic, both Arabella's vision. She expects a sleek, modern wedding with whites, silvers, and crystals. Possibly dark colors, such as heather gray or black, so her dress will glow. It could be a breathtaking theme, if only the wedding weren't during spring.