Chapter 15

SURPRISE! I added this chapter early as a special thank-you for getting me to 200 VOTES already! <3 And because I didn't want @tanvi116 to fail her finals... so you all better enjoy it :)

Dedication goes to... @abbyrebekah for being a HUGE Directioner and a straight up amazing person <3

---------------------

Chapter 15 *Wedding in: 10m 10d*

-Hallie-

I twirl around the kitchen, humming to myself and searching for something to eat for lunch. This is the first time since I arrived back home from America that my parents haven't been clinging to me and shooting questions frantically, convinced something terrible might have happened that I'm determined to keep a secret. I'll admit, it's a nice break.

Still, even my parents' nagging couldn't crush my spirits today. Finally, after a year of desperate saving and being stuck in my bedroom, I'll escape to my very own flat. I've already signed the lease, and it's official. I'm moving out.

I'm a bit tight on money, but I'll manage. I can get a job, waitressing or something, and I'll afford it. And it isn't the nicest place, but it'll do. Besides, I'd prefer that any day. I can't stand another minute living under my mum's strict rules. I should be more grateful, of course, but it's hard to be when I'm technically an adult and she's still given me a curfew of eleven-thirty.

Besides, it's time that I grew up, as Ara constantly mentions. Thriving on my own in Florida--staying in a hotel, making my own choices, not being interrogated by Mum every second-- was a dream come true. I can't remain trapped in my flowery purple bedroom forever. And if Ar is old enough to get married, I'm old enough to move out.

I wince, frowning slightly at the grey countertop as I heat up the stove for grilled cheese. Although it's been splashed across the news and all over Twitter, I try to avoid thinking about the wedding. Like if I keep it out of mind, it'll disappear.

I dig through the refrigerator, searching for the cheddar. It was disappointing, I admit, that Harry wasn't even upset about the picture. According to Arabella, he didn't even say anything, just grabbed her hand and promised he'd be there for her forever and that she was all he needed. Hearing that caused my gut to ache, but I suppose everything will work out in the end. This just proves how tightly he's wrapped around Ara's pinkie, and how much more effort unwinding him is going to take. On the bright side, fans are rabid, tweeting a stream of nasty things about Arabella. It sounds awful, but it's quite amusing, actually.

I suppose, in reality, we're also rather lucky that nobody turned on Niall. I mean, the picture may have proved to everyone that Arabella was the culprit of the flirting, but I'm somewhat surprised Niall faced no blame. Since Arabella talked Harry into thinking they were just talking as friends, there wasn't any reason for Harry to be peeved with the boy, but Nialler really risked a lot, including his reputation.

Even though I desperately wish I didn't need to, I decide to call Ar to celebrate my new home. Calling Ar has been a nightmare lately, because even the tiniest conversation will lead to her wedding, which is obviously a painful topic. I tell her about unpacking, she tells me about the suitcases she wants for their honeymoon. I grumble about my mum, she grumbles about how Harry thinks a wedding shouldn't be so costly. It drives me absolutely insane.

I scoop my sandwich onto a china plate, my stomach rumbling at the delicious scent of melted cheese and grilled bread. Dialing her number, I lean against the cabinets with my arms crossed stiffly across my chest.

"Hey Hal."

"Ar, I got the flat!" I announce quickly in an effort to keep things simple and hopefully avoid the topic of the wedding.