Chapter 17

Dedication goes to @Ceevz_mcl for her lovely comments <33 Thank you beautiful! (JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW: I've decided to start dedicating chapters based on comments from the previous chapter! Sorry, it's just way easier to keep track of things this way)

---------------

Chapter 17 *Wedding in: 9m 27d*

-Hallie- 

   I peel open my eyes, my sight smothered in a thick, dark fabric. I struggle to move my arms, which are stuck in an upright position, and wriggle back and forth. In case anyone is concerned about me, no, I haven't been kidnapped. My life isn't quite that interesting. I'm just having trouble getting dressed. 

   With a huff, I yank the shirt on, swaying in front of the mirror. The airy navy shirt is loose and simple, just perfect for today. My curls have been tousled by my shirt difficulties, but it's too early in the morning to fret about. 

   My stomach is burbling uneasily, but I can hardly help it: today's my very first wedding planning appointment. The thing is, I don't have a clue how to make the wedding a success, not to mention figuring out how to ruin it. 

   And, of course, Harry will be there, so I might as well give up on trying to calm my stomach. 

   I pop a piece of tangerine gum into my mouth on the way out of my flat. Goodness, it's amazing to say that, my flat. I can't have Harry, I can't refuse to major in law at Oxford, but for once in my life, something belongs to me. 

   Twenty minutes later, I'm coasting down the highway, blasting the radio to distract me from my nerves. The world's most annoying (yet addicting) song blares from the speakers and I turn it down, or else I'll be humming it throughout our meeting. 

   "Hey, I just met you. And this is crazy. But here's my number, so call me maybe." I roll my eyes at the cheesy lyrics, tugging my phone out of my pocket to call Ar so she'll be prepared for me. The last thing I need is to barge in on her and Harry. As if today wouldn't be painful enough.

-Arabella- 

   I crawl out from under my heavy covers, giving my phone a dreary death glare, as if that's going to silence it. Chances are, it's a random person calling to tell me something completely irrelevant. People honestly have no respect for my need to sleep in. 

   "Hello?" I snap, not too pleasantly. The caller doesn't deserve a friendly greeting. I'm a nice person, really, but not when people interfere with my beauty rest. 

   "Ara, it's Hallie," Hal's voice breaks through the sleepy fog covering my brain and I groan. 

   "Do you know how early it is?" I complain with a scowl.

   "I'm sorry," she replies irritatedly, sounding somewhat distracted. "But I'm on my way to your place and I'll be there in around forty." 

   "Is that all?" 

   I hear a screeching noise, then honking and muffled swearing. "Sorry, someone just swerved into my path. Anyways, I brought a book of designs and stuff that I found on the Internet. I think our first priority should be the theme, and then location and we can focus on little details along the way," Hallie states in a businesslike tone, sounding rather pleased with her extreme level of organization. Cue my eye roll.

   I glance over at Harry, who's dozing on his stomach, snoring softly with his curls smushed into the pillow. It's going to be quite a task, keeping Harry from finding out I'm not actually planning the ceremony and Hallie from finding out I'm supposed to be.