🌊{Catching & Ignoring Feelings}🌊 Finnick X Reader

Guess who's back, back again? Me!
No but seriously, writing a simple oneshot is rather hard. I had to take some inspiration from a story I saw (I think it got deleted, and moved elsewhere to a fanfic site that I don't use) but added my own personal tweeks to this. Hope you enjoy!

AU: Modern-ish with having some HG characters from other districts in here

Flavour: Angst to Fluff-ish

Warnings: Drinking, slight angst

Summary: Finnick was the absolute charmer and charmed his way into your heart, but you soon start to ignore him for some odd reason, and Finnick wants to find out why.
ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ

Finnick, on a regular basis, would be walking beside you on your morning route to work. Usually with a cup of coffee from the nearby coffee shop. You always would get him one with extra sugar cubes on the side, and the two of you would part ways to work. Then you'd either sit near the bakery or go somewhere on a lunch 'date'. The night routine changed almost daily, but it was clear that you two would be hanging out during that time. Almost the entire town knew about your close bond with Finnick, and many assumed you were dating. It seemed you and Finnick were stuck together like magnets. Although Finnick was quite the charmer and teased you relentlessly, you always gave him a light hit on the arm and a pout before brushing it off.

But for the past week, that didn't happen.
For some reason, Finnick hasn't passed you throughout the regular routes of the town of District 4. He didn't spot you on the sandy beach paths, not anywhere new. Perhaps you might have had an illness and had to stay home. Or you would've travelled away and just forgot to tell him.

No. That last thought was impossible, you always sent him a text at least 48 hours in advance before leaving to go somewhere else. Not only that, but the bartender who served your coffee had told Finnick that he's always seen you enter. Though it was worth noting that you have been entering at least an hour or two before Finnick had, which confused him.

It was like you were avoiding him like the plague. Did he do something to cause this? He wasn't so sure and wanted to find out the reason. Though at the same time, he wanted to make sure you were ok.

When he was on his first break of the day for lunch, the first thing he did was go to the bakery. You two always went there for lunch, and he oh so easily remembers your order every time: a simple yet very appetizing sandwich (with whatever you prefer), salad, and a donut for desert. Though when he arrived and checked around the outdoor tables for the bakery, you weren't there. His frown came back and he continued scanning the tables, believing that if he looked hard enough, you'll somehow appear.

"Looking for (Y/N?)" A familiar voice called from the entrance to the bakery. Finnick turned to see one of his good friends Peeta. One of the owners of the bakery that the two of you went to.

He smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, you haven't happened to see her, have you?"

Peeta smiled back kindly, completely oblivious of the fact that they haven't been meeting up for a while. "Actually, yeah. I believe she would be looking for lamp flowers by the lighthouse with Annie."

Ah, collecting lamp flowers by the lighthouse. It was a code word to Finnick and those who knew (which were mostly Annie, Peeta, you, and Finnick.) which meant you were having a picnic at the hidden room of the lighthouse near the shores of District 4.

Finnick smiled and thanked Peeta before making his way to the lighthouse. Very rarely did people use the lighthouse during the day, only the nighttime workers had used it, yet they never had explored the hidden room that you and Finnick had found.