Chapter 40: Who He is Now

Separate 4-D Dimension (3rd Person Pov)

Across the whole realm, there was nothing but silence. Two individuals were spotted sitting on some grass, eating fruits that seemed to be pineapple and watermelon.

Aether, who hadn't been seen since leaving Kyoto, had slices of pineapple in front of him as he took one up and flung it into his mouth; he had preserved his young appearance throughout the two years, but his physique had toned out significantly, and he now wore a white cloak over his usual go-to gear.

Aether: Don't you think we should start making our way back to our world, Rayquaza?

Rayquaza, Aether's familiar, was facing him when he turned his head. She stood up, her hair now black instead of blonde, and finished a whole watermelon. She exhaled deeply and touched her stomach, signalling she'd gotten her fill.

Rayquaza: I believe we should be making our way back now, you've pretty much mastered Natural Energy and seem to have a hang over your Celestial Manifestation, there's nothing more for you to learn now

Aether: Ahh, finally!

Aether laid back looking up at the endless void of the dimension recollecting the blood that had been spilled during his training with Rayquaza.

Rayquaza: We should wait another day at least, I want to go back at full strength and I'm sure you want to recover your power from our earlier "battle".

Aether: Wasn't a battle at all...

Aether turned away annoyed making the deity in front of him chuckle.

Rayquaza: So...

Rayquaza started but didn't finish causing Aether to turn back to her with raised eyebrows.

Aether: So?

Rayquaza: So what do you plan to do once we return?

Aether: Good question... I've had two years to think about it and I feel like the proper course is to find out more about Mei