Chapter 41: Aether vs Mordred

Separate 4-D Dimension (3rd Person Pov)

Mordred surged forward, slamming her blade against Aether's, causing a collision that reverberated across the dimension. Aether's sword gleamed and blasted her back forcing her to dig her boots into the ground to come to a halt.

Looking up, she saw Aether appear in front of her in an instant, his sword aimed directly at her chest. Quickly lifting Clarent, she stopped his attack. She then rotated right as she pivoted, gaining momentum before striking her sword out at Aether, who parried her attack with his blade yet again, producing a minor explosion between the two of them, forcing them to split apart.

Mordred kept her balance as her sword steadily became red before bursting into a crimson beam.

Aether: Oh? No incantation?

Mordred: This isn't what you think it is.

Mordred lowered her sword, bringing the beam down, while Aether raised his blade to block it, only for it to completely evade him, snaking around his body and striking his back, blasting him towards Mordred, who clenched her fist and punched Aether in the stomach, knocking the air out of him and sending him crashing to the ground.

Mordred took a breath and straightened up, seeing her red beam vanish into the air. She observed the cloud that had been obscuring Aether gradually dissipating, showing the blonde-haired boy kneeling on the ground.

Aether: That was disrespectful...

Mordred: ...

Aether: It seems you weren't slacking off in your training however, it just isn't enough.

Aether leaned back and threw his left hand into the air before clutching it, showing his piercing golden eyes. Mordred's eyes widened as she felt a large amount of force pouring above her; glancing up, she saw a cloud that thundered as it came crashing down on top of her; the attack finished with an explosion, which Mordred was pushed out of before falling sizzling on the ground.

Mordred: What... attack was that?

Aether: Divine Art... Thunder.

Mordred: A divine art? That hurt way more than it should.

Aether: No... that's just the gap in our power.

Aether appeared in front of Mordred who sat on her knees was surprised at the sudden burst of speed, he clenched his fist before punching Mordred's face returning the favour from earlier.