Ch. 25 End & Epilogue: Babies, etc.

"Seeking the Niceties of Marriage", Ch. 25 End & Epilogue: Babies, etc.,
by Gratiana Lovelace, December 30, 2021 (Post #1435) 

(An original Regency Romance story copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace, 2021; All rights reserved);  [(1) story cover above left] 

[Illustrations: I cast my stories as I write them. So from time to time, I will illustrate my story with actors and such, including: Richard Armitage as Lord Edward Carlisle, Daniela Denby-Ashe as Lady Emily Creighton Carlisle, Blake Ritson as Lord Kittredge Wells, Polly Walker as Lady Patience Creighton the Countess of Stoke, Bill Nighy as Lord Nigel Creighton the Earl of Stoke, Christina Cole as Lady Cecily Englewood Wells, Harry Hadden-Paton as Lord Martin Carlisle the Marquess of Leeds, Laura Carmichael as Lady Ophelia Winwood Carlisle, and others as noted.]

[Author's Note: This original Regency romance is a work of fiction, and as such, any character names, scenes or other descriptions were written at the creative discretion of this author. And this is a gentle and tender romance (G to PG-13), but with some frank discussions about love and marriage put to humorous effect. This is my disclaimer.]

Ch. 25 End: Babies, etc.

Happiness abounds in the London home of Lord Edward and Lady Emily Carlisle with the birth of their twins on Christmas Day. And though the proud Grandpapa Lord Creighton had been banished from the bedchamber as soon as the birthing was imminent—to his great relief—he managed to sneak back in an hour later to gaze upon his sleeping grandson and granddaughter, as well as their sleeping parents, waking none of them.

Lord Kittredge Wells as cousin to the parents, gratefully maintained his exile to the drawing room and sent his well wishes upon the birth of the twins via his uncle and the twins Grandpapa Lord Creighton. And Lord Kitt ponders that he will have to be in the room when his own child is born in four weeks time. He just hopes that they will have one baby born, so that his Dear Lady Cecily is not in as much pain as his cousin Lady Emily was.

And having witnessed Lady Emily giving birth, Lady Cecily feels quite more settled about her own upcoming birth in late January. Though Lady Emily's pains were great and took about three hours, she had twins. And Lady Cecily is assured by her midwife and doctor that she is carrying only one baby. So Lady Cecily hopes that she will have half of the pain and half of the time to birth her child. Then finally that evening, Lady Cecily related the whole of her experience of being in the bedchamber during the birth—and her loving and attentive husband Lord Kittredge faints dead away as he plops back onto his bed pillow. And typically for the loving Lady Cecily, she revives her husband Lord Kitt with a sweet kiss.

***

But there is still a very important matter to attend to with regard to the new babies. Lady Emily and Lord Edward must decide upon their names before they then send out birth announcements.

So this fine December 26th morning after Christmas—with they and the babies fed their breakfasts in their bed chamber--and Lady Emily beatifically holding both babies in her arms [(2) above middle]--she and her husband Lord Edward discuss the matter.

Lord Edward: "Emily Darling, do you feel up to discussing the selection of our new babies names so that we may tell our family and send out our announcements?" He asks smiling in earnest, for he wants everyone far and wide to know of their joy and happiness about the birth of their twins--a daughter and a son.

Lady Emily: "I do. And I still like Anne Agnes Carlisle for our daughter, with her names honoring my Mama's and your late Mama's middle names, respectively."

Lord Edward: "That is a lovely choice." He hedges with a telling squint in his left eye. "But do you not think that Anne is rather a plain first name for a Viscount's daughter? Would not Andromeda or Athena be more in the mode?" He asks hopefully.