Spike

Twilight was requested to go to Canterlot for a week to assist Luna with Celestia's funeral. After the funeral, Luna would need to bury her sister herself, because she wouldn't regenerate for two years.
Twilight thought this would be a good idea, especially for Spike. After Rarity was killed, Spike had been very antisocial. She wanted to take his mind off of Rarity's death. So, she decided to take him with her.
Twilight decided she would take a carriage because she wanted Spike to have the most comfortable ride as possible. She told Spike all about the trip. Spike didn't seem very exited.
"Spike! We're going to Canterlot!" Twilight had said.
" Okay." Spike said sadly, daydreaming about Rarity.
" Spike, I said pack your things. We're going to Canterlot." Twilight said, snapping him out of his daydream.
Spike got up and took out his suitcase. He packed up all his things and sat on top of the suitcase, looking at a picture of Rarity while Twilight packed her things. Spike wiped away a tear from his face, sniffling.
Twilight saw the picture and her eyes watered in sadness. She set a hoof on the baby dragon's shoulder comfortingly.
" Spike." She said softly, wiping away her own tears. The little purple dragon looked up at her sadly.
" We all miss Rarity. It's okay." She have him a comforting hug.
"Let's go, Spike." She used her magic to put spike on her back and grab their bags.
************
The carriage went up really high. Spike looked down, and suddenly fell, but the commotion outside was too loud for anypony to hear him. Eventually the Sky cleared.
" Isn't the Sky beautiful today, Spike?" Twilight asked. Silence from the purple dragon.
" Spike?" Twilight turned to where the baby dragon had been.
" Spike?!" Twilight asked in horror.
" Spike!!!!" Twilight yelled. She turned to the Pegasi that were the carriage drivers.
" I'm sorry, but I have I go!" She have ten their bits and used her magic to grab her things (and Spike's) and she flew down to find Spike.
She found his body motionless and broken on the ground. She picked him up.
" Spike... I'm so sorry... " She squeezed her eyes shut in sadness.
" Please...Spike...Say hi to my friends. I'm sorry." She hugged the dragon tight to her chest and flew him to Canterlot for a double funeral.