Bonding Over Trauma.

"Hey Pete, guess what?" 

"Hmm?"

"I'll go to Pym's field trip— but you'll have to buy me lunch afterwards."

"Really?" He gave her an absent smile. "That's great... see you..."

Peter closed his locker and walked away, something was off. Ned Leeds was approaching from the opposite hall, she quickly caught up with him.

"Hey, d'you know what's wrong with Peter?"

Ned jumped a little, he frowned.

"If he didn't tell you then why do you think I will?"

"Because we're both his friends and I worry about him too?"

Ned huffed, he ignored her and kept walking, C.C. stopped and watched him leave.

"Nice talk!" She yelled.

Some kids looked at her weirdly, she ignored them and made her way to Chemistry.

***

"You're quiet today."

"You know who's quiet? Well, more than usual," She looked up from her plate. "Peter. I tried to talk to him after class and he was all... gone. He barely even acknowledged my presence!"

"How dare someone ignore your presence?" MJ teased.

"C'mon, you must know what's up with him, I know I'm missing something, I saw some girls look at him and whisper to each other..."

MJ shifted on her place, she looked around to make sure Peter was nowhere to be seen.

"It's the first anniversary of his uncle's death," She explained. "Last year they called him to the Principal's office and he didn't came back for a whole month, we only found out cause Ned went to the funeral."

"Holy shit," C.C.'s heart dropped. "I had no idea..."

"No one blames you, I mean, you're still the new kid. Don't worry, Peter still wants to be your friend, it's just that today's rough..."

"I see..." 

***

She found Peter studying on his own at the library, she quietly approached him, sitting next to him.

"Peter?" The girl gently placed a hand on his shoulder, he looked up, pulling one earphone off. "Can we talk?"

"Sure," He moved some of his stuff away so she could be comfortable. "What's up?"

"I... er..." She fidgeted with her sleeve. "MJ told me about what happened last year."

Peter's brow furrowed slightly, he didn't meet her eyes. "It's fine..."

"Are... are you sure?" She leaned closer. "I don't have enough practice, but if you need to talk..."

"Thank you, but I'm fine," Peter retorted, perhaps a bit too quickly.

C.C. moved away. Usually, it was her the one others had to comfort, she had no clue of how to reciprocate, but she wanted to learn, being a good person wasn't all about just knowing how to fight.

"Do you—"

"Would you—"

They stopped and stared at each other, C.C. laughed shortly. 

"You first," She told him.

"Okay," He smiled. "I was about to ask if you'd like to go to my place this weekend? Ned and I are planning to have a Star Wars marathon and since you haven't watched the newest parts..."