Lovebug.

Strangely as it seemed, her nights with spider-man weren't draining her energy, if anything, they were engaging.

The young hero had told her all he could without giving his identity away in hopes she knew how to help him, she promised to create a proper training routine for him, and so she did, although it wasn't as good as she would've liked since they were lacking a safe space where to practice.

She decided to teach him the basics, this kid was only interested in helping the city, he wasn't looking for glory, nor for a place in the avengers. She taught him how to disarm a person if he was too close to the thief and webs couldn't help him, she taught him where to kick and punch so he could knock them down in seconds. The spider wasn't a fan of violence, so C.C. kept to herself her most aggressive techniques.

"If you're gonna talk during a fight— something I noticed you love doing," She panted, he'd managed to trap her against a wall. "Don't stare at their faces, always watch the hands... or feet."

She kicked her heel and a small detonator fell to the floor, she stepped on it hard and a bright light flashed from the cat paw on her chest, spider-man stumbled away, covering his eyes and whining. 

"I don't have that kind of tech, that's not fair!"

"I never said I'd be fair," She laughed. 

"I'm blind— literally blind, what did you do?"

"Relax, you'll recover in a moment," C.C. said calmly. "That's a strobe light, it's meant to disorient and hurt for a little while, it's a good way to get a head start if you're trying to get away."

"Yeah cool, couldn't just say that without using it on me?"

"Maybe, but it's not as fun," She grinned. "What did we learn today?"

"That you're an asshole."

The girl gasped. "Webs, you kiss your mother with that mouth? C'mon, what did we learn?"

"That I should watch the hands, and their feet... and that you're the meanest coach I could've gotten."

She scoffed. "Buddy, I'm going soft on you, trust me, if you were training in a real facility they wouldn't be as patient as I am, the guys on the lab I was created—"

"What?"

"The lab," She repeated, deciding to leave out the last part. "Those were real monsters. They would put a collar around your neck, and if you ever decided to do something that didn't match their needs, or that they considered dangerous, or if they'd simply woken up in a bad mood, they would make this thing fry your skin until your shoulders felt numb."

Spider-man waited for her to laugh and claim to be joking, but when she didn't he whispered:

"That sounds terrible, Cat."

"I'm aware," She retorted. "I was young but I knew I wouldn't stand one more second of it. I left and I decided to look for the Avengers, and they ended up finding me instead."

"How old are you?"

"How old are you?"

He stared down at his feet. "Man, I feel really stupid."

"I think you're doing a great job, and you fight way better than the first time..."

"It's not that," He walked towards the ledge of the building and sat down heavily. "I'd always assumed that you'd been with the Avengers your whole life... the way you talk about them makes it sound like it."

"That's cause I don't remember anything from before that time," She shrugged. "I know it sounds like bullshit cause I told you about the shitty collars, but it's like I can remember stuff they would do or faces, yet something inside me split them so I could process it. Maybe the full thought would mess me up too much."