23. "Kiss Me."

✨✨ Happy New Year! ✨✨

--

Word Count : 10 K

~~~~~~~~~~~~

( London , Nov 2017)

---

The next day arrived sooner than expected for Harry. Though he wanted to be somewhere else at the moment but he chose to go to work.

The only sound roaming around in the room was Harry's fingers hitting hardly on the keyboard of his laptop. Meanwhile, Liam and Zayn were sitting right across the desk staring at the long pale fingers assaulting the poor device with a cringe face, can't help but feel sad for it.

Harry was not in a bad mood, oh no, he definitely wasn't. At least that's what his stare told the two people when they asked him a couple of minutes ago after arriving in the office and sensing the tense atmosphere.

"Harry, I think it's better if you go to the air-" Zayn once again tried to talk to him about topic but as soon as his eyes met with Harry's brooding stare he shut it down all over again.

Zayn lowered his head with a pout as Liam shook his head, sighing. They both hated the way Harry hides his emotions when it come to Louis.

After waiting and hearing the same punching of keypad when Liam could not take it anymore, he took out his phone from pocket and opened the messaging app.

Zayn gave him a puzzled look after Liam showed him what he typed under the table and then hit send. Liam only smirked.

Another ten minutes spent in the same manner before a notification popped up on Harry's computer, alerting him that there was someone knocking on the door. With one swift click he looked at the person who was standing at the outside of the door and let out a quiet groan.

Although he wasn't in mood to answer the questions of his new assistant intern who barely started working a couple of weeks ago but after seeing the pile of files in his arms and him barely managing them in his hold, he gave him permission to enter.

Not a moment later the door opened and before the youngest person in the room could speak, at least half of the files he was holding slipped from his hands .

" May I come in, Mr. Styles?" the guy spoke in a meek voice staring down at the mess he managed to create with big scared eyes, as soon as he stepped inside.

Harry had to put his all strength into not roll his eyes as he sighed, face-palming.

"You're already in, Mr. Holland."

Tom Holland, was the name of the new intern Harry had hired after Niall's fair warning to break his balls if he didn't say yes to it. The 1996 born was trying his best to live on his own in the new place as Niall had informed his friends about him.

Tom moved into Niall's building 2 months ago and was always hiding inside his room, it was one night when Niall went onto the roof of his building to get some fresh air, he found the young man crying quietly hidden under a shed.

Niall didn't know why but he just couldn't see the tears in his eyes and promised him to do everything he could to make sure he wouldn't suffer.

The Irish guy introduced Tom to Zayn and arranged an interview for him at the Regency later. Though Niall promised Tom to help him find a job but the job he got at the Regency was all based on his education and extra curriculum activities.

Liam couldn't help but smile at the boy and his flustered face. He reminded him of himself a lot when he was in high school.

" Cut him some slack, Haz. He's still learning." Zayn glared at Harry on his way to help Tom who was yet to move from his frozen state.