13. "Take Me Home." (Part I)

🚩🚩Important 🚩🚩

Chapter 13, "Take Me Home" is divided into two parts. Please don't forget to read the second part after this chapter.

( October 2017, London)

"I want to lend you my coat
One that's as soft as your cheek
So when the world is cold
You'll have a hiding place you can go
I want to lend you my coat"

(Note : Louis is still in shock (headspace), therefore everyone around is a stranger to him. He only finds Harry a little friendly , after he felt some sort of connection with the green eyed lad.)

When he heard Louis' shrieked, Harry immediately turned to look at him.

"Louis, what happened ?" Harry asked in fear, his hands itching to check on the boy himself.

Louis didn't answer but kept crying, pulling back from him. But when Harry noticed, Louis squirming and hiding himself into Harry's jacket, then he saw the flashlight that was aiming at him. Harry felt a sudden wave of anger rush through his veins and he abruptly stood up, shielding Louis from the flashlight.

" What the fu¢k are you doing?!" Harry barked at the person standing a few feet away from them, holding a flashlight in his hands.

The man immediately put the flashlight away before he stuttered out, obviously gotten scared by Harry's loud voice .

"I-I'm here to c-check on hi-him, Sir. I need to take his statement." The police officer explained, showing his uniform to Harry, in the light of his flashlight.

Harry growled lowly, when the guy took a step forward to them. " Go away."

" Sir, we need to check on him. "

" I told you to go the fu¢k away. He's not in the condition to talk to anyone." Harry gritted through his teeth.

His hands balling up in fist on his sides. He was trying to control his anger in front of Louis. Harry knew that it wasn't the right time to lose his control, but the dumb officer was making it hard for him, as again he tried to talk to him.

" But sir ---"

And that's when Harry lost it. A loud roar came from the pit of his stomach, sending waves of fear into the man's body,

"Do you want me to show you the way myself ?!"

He was about to jump on the officer, but before he could move, he felt a tug on his jeans cuff. Harry's head whipped around to look down at his jeans. His anger evaporated from his mind in a second when he noticed a delicate hand trying to hold the bottom of his jeans.

Louis' face was still hidden between his knees as his left arm was wrapped around his legs. But his right arm was stretched out and was gripping onto Harry's jeans, with shaking fingers. Harry could still hear Louis' tiny whimpers and his body quivering. He slowly lowered himself on his knees, in front of the hurting boy, before cautiously taking Louis' hand off of his jeans and holding it in his own right one. Surprisingly Louis neither flinched nor tried to pull his hand back.

All of a sudden, Liam and Niall came rushing to them, " Officer, please try to understand. He'll give the statement when he'll feel better." and then Liam dragged him away before the officer could protest anymore.

Harry let out a sigh of relief, closing his eyes, when they were gone. But one thing he did realize that Louis was petrified in anyone else's presence except for himself. Because as soon as Louis heard Liam's voice, his grip on Harry's hand tightened even more.