24. "It's Boo's birthday!"

I know, I know, I know that it's a really late update. I know that it's not Louis' birthday anymore or even Christmas but I had my reasons for which I'm not sure if anyone would understand so I'm not going to bore you with it on the start of the chapter.

So... Here I am wishing our king a really happy birthday (and I was planning to post this chapter on his birthday but sadly I couldn't :(  so this is my apology) and a great Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.

This will be the last update of 2022 and I'll be seeing you in 2023 the next time.

I hope you love this chapter and forgive me for any mistakes.

——

Word Count : 12 k

~~~~~~~~~~~~

( A Month Later)

(December 2017, London)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the elevator reached its destination, doors open with a soft ting. Louis pushed himself away from the wall he was leaning against. Putting the files in his hand in order and fixing the corners of the pages he made his way to his boss's cabin.

His glasses perched on his nose as he was squinting down on the papers to read the term and conditions at the very bottom. His free hand raised in the air to knock on the wooded door once his feet stopped and turned on their own without even looking up.

"Why would anyone even put these points in such short and ridiculous font if these little suckers carry the power to lose someone a case against in the court!" he grumbled, pursing his lips in concentration.

He was squinting at the words poorly printed at the end of the conditions when he heard the door open. What happened next he wasn't able to grasp on it but all he could see was a hand coming from behind the door and dragging him inside the room before he was slammed against the opposite side of the same door as it was now shut behind his back.

"You've got to help me!"

When Louis opened his eyes all he could see was the blurr line of his glass frame as it was dangling off his nose and was tilted up from one side. His mouth agape in a quiet gasp. The strong hold of someone on his blazer collar was still there and he could feel someone's warm minty breath hitting his face.

Although when he blinked his eyes a couple of times to focus the person standing in front of him, he was met with a tomato version of his so-called boss.

Harry's eyes wide staring right into his as close he could feel his lashes poke him in the eyes. Cheeks tinted the deepest shade of plum, nose sweaty.

"What the heck?" Louis groaned as he tried to push himself away from the door but Harry once again slammed him against the door.

"Please, Lou, please! I need your help!" the begging in his voice started to make Louis realize why did he come here for in the first place.

It was five minutes ago when he received a call on his personal number from the man, asking him to bring all of the monthly reports of the year asap to his office. And that's what he was doing here.

" Okay, but giving me amnesia by constantly hitting my head against the door won't be any kind of helpful for you, that's I'm sure about!" he glared at him, hands clutching the files tightly.

Harry's vulnerable eyes suddenly widened and he stepped back, releasing his grasp on the man. Although what none of them realized was that Louis was tucked between Harry and the door as the former had lifted him up in the air in a strong hold, so when that hold disappeared out of nowhere, Louis didn't have the time to catch himself and dropped on the floor as his leg bucked, sending him straight to the ground on his butt.