"I don't know what to do, Ronnie. He says all the perfect things. I can see he has changed, truly. It's messing with my head a lot."

"But what does your heart say?" Ronnie gives me all her attention even though she is at work and talking to me on the phone.

"My heart wants me to love him again. I don't think I have ever stopped."

"It's more than love what you shared with him, Grace."

"What do you mean?" I frown and get away from the window from which I have watched Marcel pack the car so we can leave Birmingham and head to Manchester.

"It's like in that Nine and a Half Weeks movie. You and him didn't last long, but it was epic. He made you discover a side of yourself you didn't know about. And now, you are more confident because of it. It's hot, Grace. Embrace it. Now, you're free. Don't let a man define who you are, what to feel and how to act. It's your time to shine and be happy."

"I don't feel like that. I don't feel free. I feel trapped."

"You're not. You are an overthinker. You are only feeling trapped because you think you are trapped."

"Eh?!"

"Look, this opportunity to tour with Marcel, it isn't ideal because you wanted some space to grow away from him. You wanted to become accomplished, to know who you are away from this drama to have a clear mind about what you truly want in life. I get that. But you have experienced an emancipation through your sexual awakening, use Marcel for that. I don't mean use Marcel like use him like a prostitute. Make it clear to him that this relationship is purely casual until you know where you stand with your feelings. Let your inner goddess free. Dare. Defy. Love. Hate. Be you, Grace. Think for yourself. Act for yourself. You deserve to be a little bit selfish if it means self love. You need to stop hating yourself for letting this happen to you. You are not to blame for following your heart."

"Yeah... I don't know."

"Grace, give yourself a chance."

"Since when are you so insightful?" I mock her, really appreciating her input. It's really relieving to have her to talk to about it all.

"I've been out with enough men, I think I've learned a thing or two."

"Well, it's really appreciated. I can't wait to see you. Are you coming to dinner tonight at my parents's?"

"I can't. I have to work. But I'll find some time to squeeze you in between my shifts."

"I better hope so. We have yet to talk about your love life."

"And how uneventful it has been."

"How come?"

"Yeah... We have loads to talk about. We'll catch up on that later. Customers are coming in. Text me later. Love you."

"Love you too."

I hang up with a sense of confusion. I wonder what could have happened in Ronnie's life that she wouldn't have called to tell me already. I slide my phone into my purse and walk out of the hotel to join Marcel by his car.

"Ready to go?" He asks me the second he sees me.

"Yeah. I called my brothers and Ronnie and nobody is available tonight for dinner..."

"That sucks. We'll be in Manchester for two nights. Maybe we can squeeze each of them individually in our schedule for something, a dinner, coffee, anything."