"I've never done this with anyone I cared about before. Only colleagues. This is my great escape."

"You must be kidding me, Marcel."

"Why would I?"

"You are insane."

"I never told you I wasn't."

"What if you lose control? What if we get hurt?"

"Just call me, Maverick." He winks at me with the largest Tom Cruise million buck smile. I can't believe he made a pop culture reference.

I follow him as he makes his way deeper in the hangar. He speaks briefly with a man he salutes and then embraces. I'm too amazed with all the airplanes surrounding us to keep up or let alone pay attention to their conversation. There must be more than a million pounds worth of airplanes here, but Marcel is next to a reasonable one, but by the looks of it, it must be old and special.

Once I join the men, we shake hands and I'm quickly informed of security measures. I can't say that I remember them. I'm still quite in shock. What are we doing here?

"Marcel? Where are we?"

"This is Cambridge City Airport. This is where I learned to fly, mostly. This is my grandfather's 1965 Piper Cherokee 140. It was passed down to my father and now, it's mine. I keep it here. It's closer for me to come. It used to be in York, but... I prefer it here."

"Pilots for three generations?"

"All part of the RAF as well. I needed that connection with them when my father died. I needed to find what it meant for me. And I did."

"What does it mean for you?"

"So many questions... when we could be flying instead." He smiles and doesn't hesitate a second. He jogs and leaps confidently on the side wing to open the door. "Come on!"

He lays out his hand to help me get on that thing

He lays out his hand to help me get on that thing. I try my best to seem elegant, but it's a higher jump for my little self than it was for mister long legs. With the help of his hand, I get on the wing and slide myself to the far left side in the cockpit. The seats are a beautiful and warm red velvet with a grey vinyl headliner.

Marcel joins me on the right side and closes the door next to him. It takes a moment before I realise that we both have control over this plane.

  It takes a moment before I realise that we both have control over this plane