"I love that lipstick, but it's not coming off." Marcel dips the washcloth in the bath water to take the makeup off my face.

"You could let me do it, you know."

"Where would the fun be in that?"

"I didn't know there was anything fun about washing me."

"Any opportunity to have my hands on you, my love."

I look at the bathroom door when I hear a voice from the other side of the door. They're talking to Logan. I can't quite understand what is being said until they walk away and it's silent again.

"You know we can't avoid them forever, you know. We'll have to rejoin the group or else we will seem disrespectful."

"I don't care."

"I care. I want to talk to Logan and Emma. And I would like it if you would join me."

"I have nothing to say to him."

"Mace, I already told you it wasn't his fault."

"Maybe, but he triggered you."

"He didn't. Maybe the situation did. I felt the same way when we were alone in the dungeon. I was going to sink back into that dark place. But I fought it, because of you. I just wasn't able to last night."

"Were you not able to fight it because it wasn't me with you?"

"No... It was a combination of things. It was being knelt against the wall and held there. It brought back vivid memories."

"Have you ever had these memories when we were together? Apart from the last time in the dungeon."

"No... Why would I think of anyone else when I'm with you?" I linger on the first word, and admit to him.

The hand on the back of my neck pulls me to slide over to him. My bare chest moulds into his upper body. His lips press to mine. I part from him and rest my forehead to his. He pulls me for one last kiss, and ultimately looks at me.

"When everybody goes to bed, do you think we could hang out by the fire in the veranda? I'd really like to listen to some music and play Scrabble with you."

"Do you have the game board?"

"No, but we do have the app on our cell."

"Of course. I'd like that. Why do you want to wait until everyone's gone to bed?"

"Just in case I get turned on by your intellect." His laugh is immediate, and it makes me smile. "Doctor Wright."

"Mmh, say that again."

"Doctor... Wright." I lean in for a simple kiss, and let go of him to look into his eyes. "But I can't wait for the day I get to call you Professor."

-

I leave my bedroom before Marcel once I'm simply dressed with leggings and a baggy cardigan. I walk towards the kitchen to make myself a snack, having eaten nothing all day. I stop in my tracks when I see Logan walking out of the veranda, Emma on his heels.

She is the first to react. I smile gently towards them, but she skips the distance between us to take me in her arms. The embrace is strong, and it fills my heart with love. I was so scared to now terrify them or to have shamed them by my episode.

I return her warmth, holding her head strongly against mine. I hear a deep sigh behind her, and open my eyes to the sight of Logan, a sorry look on his face. I reach out for him, his wife still in my arms. With two big steps, he pulls both Emma and I to him. He presses his lips to the top of my head.