New Year's Eve

A/N pt1: Thank you for all the reads and votes!! Don't be afraid to comment either, I'm always entertained by others' thoughts, comments, and reactions to what I write. Also, none of my chapters are ever proofread so read with an open mind if something doesn't make total sense haha

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

I always found New Year's Eve to be overrated. The past years of my life we're spent celebrating with my family, which was great and nothing wrong with that. However, this year for the first time I had a group of real friends to ring in the New Year with. The pogues and Sarah had been so welcoming when I moved to the Outer Banks and I was so grateful to be with them now.

"Kie, do you want help pouring the champagne glasses?" I yelled so that she could hear me in the kitchen.

"If you don't mind, then yes!" She yells back.

Sitting up from where I was snuggled in with all the boys on the couch, I peeled the blanket off of me. Slowly moving JJ's arms from around me, I tried to escape quietly so that he and the others wouldn't startle and wake up. Sneaking away I successfully made it to the kitchen where Sarah was creating a cheese board and Kiara was lining up the flutes to pour drinks in.

"What do you want me to do?" I ask.

"Do you wanna hold while I pour?" Kie asks me. Nodding my head, I carefully grab a couple of the flutes and move them so that she can more easily pour the champagne. 

"Guys," Sarah says, "I'm so excited to celebrate tonight with you guys!"

"Same! I haven't actually ever celebrated with friends before." I say, quieting down as I say the second part.

"Aww," Kie starts as she grabs Sarah and I and wraps us into a group hug. "Well, we're going to have a blast together tonight!"

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

With the last minute until the New Year, all of us are side by side as we stare down the TV that was showing a countdown. 

10

I smile as I tip back the rest of my drink that I had in my cup and grab a party popper from the table in front of us.

9

Shuffling back into my spot between JJ and Sarah, we all smile for a selfie on Kiara's disposable camera.

8

Getting wrapped up in a hug by Sarah, she gives me a playful kiss on the cheek.

7

Feeling JJ's arms wrap around my shoulder, I tuck myself under his arm and lean into his side. As some of the only single people in the group, we both look over at Sarah and John B who are happily smiling at each other.

6

"Want another one?" JJ asks gesturing to the drinks on the table. He tilts and punctures two and hands me one of them.

5

Moving and linking our arms together, we both get ready to crack shotgun.

4

Making eye contact, we drown out the others before cheering and then leaning and cracking the tops of our cans.

3

JJ, like the gentleman he always is with me, slows down and lets me win our shotgun race.

2

Tossing our cans on the ground, I go to hug him when he pulls me in closer by the waist. One of his hands surprised me as it comes up to gently wrap around my throat pulling my face closer to his. My eyes fluttered shut in anticipation and hope.

1

Kissing me passionately, I can't help my smile into the kiss only to feel JJ smile also. Pulling away he spins me around once and then pulls me into a hug. Kissing my forehead he whispers, "Happy New Year."

"Happy New Year to you too JJ," I whisper back. What a way to start the next year indeed.

A/N: A cute little New Year chapter for everyone! Here's to hoping that 2022 is a little brighter than 2021!!