Simp {JJ MAYBANK x READER}

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Propping myself up on my elbows to get a better look at the bird that Pope was pointing to out on the marsh, I feel eyes burning into the side of my head. Knowing exactly who those eyes belonged too, I turned my head and made eye contact with JJ. Realizing that he got caught, JJ blushed before standing up and making his way over to where I was laying down at the front of the HMS.

"Hey,"  he greeted me with a cheeky grin.

"What's up bubs?" I asked, moving over so that he could lay down next to me.

"Mmm, just enjoying the view," he said, his eyes roaming over my body and lingering on my navy bikini.

"Eyes up here buddy," I said as I smacked his stomach causing him to let out a grunt.

"You meanie," he said with a pout.

Humming in response, I turned over onto my stomach before laying down again in hopes to even out my tan. However, I was quickly disturbed as JJ's hand tried to slyly make its way down to hold my butt.

"Hey lovebirds!" John B shouted from behind the wheel, "Keep it in the bedroom would you."

JJ flipped him off while I tried to scoot away from JJ with the small amount of room I had, only to be pulled back and held right against him. Kiara and Pope just laughed at my struggles.

"Simp." Coughed Kie under her breath, she too got the bird from JJ.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

"I am so much tanner than you," I argued. Kie and I were comparing tans in the mirror while the boys were playing some card game in the chateau's living room.

"Girl," Kie said "Do you see this tan line or should I get you your glasses?"

Both of us falling into giggles turned to the boys to see what they thought. Focused on their card game, Kie snapped her fingers in their direction to get their attention.

"JJ, babe, who's tanner? Kie or me?" I asked, narrowing my eyes as if daring him to not choose me.

"Uh," JJ said while blatantly checking me out "I-uh."

"Dude," Pope laughed "You're drooling."

"JJ close your mouth, you're catching flies," John B smirked.

Shaking his head to snap out of whatever trance he was in, JJ responded. "Yeah, you look hot babe."

All of us burst out into laughter at JJ who clearly didn't know what I had asked. Confused, JJ flashed me puppy dog eyes before abonding his cards and walking over to me hugging me from behind.

"What was the question?" He asked.

Tapping his cheek with my fingers lightly, I pull myself out of his arms before cheekily responding, "Forget about it, simp."

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

"Alrighty boys, dinner is served," Kie announced as she and I brought out the last plates of spaghetti and meatballs and set them down on the counter.

I quickly took a seat at the end of the table, John B sitting down to the right of me as he thanked Kie and I for cooking. Pope nodded in thanks before sitting down across from me.

"Hopefully you boys washed your hands," Kie said jokingly before taking a seat next to Pope.

Laughing, both John B and Pope nodded as they eagerly dug in to their food.

JJ, the last one in from outside pats Kie on the shoulder in thanks before looking around the table for where I was sitting. Seeing the only open seats be at the other end of the table causing him to let out a whine and jut out his bottom lip in a pout.

John B spits out some of his water at the sound, while the others fall into laughter.

"God JJ," Pope says "you sound like a kicked puppy."

"Yeah well you guys blocked me from sitting next to my girlfriend," he whines out.

Rolling my eyes at his childish behavior I stand up and grab one of the chairs at the other end of the table to pull it around to be at the head of the table closest to me.

"Here you big baby," I say "grab the plate and utensils from that spot."

JJ, like an obediant little dog, does exactly what I say, following me and his chair with his plate. I put his chair down before sitting back in mine. With a shit-eating grin on his face, JJ places his food down and moves his chair closer to mine before taking a seat.

"Love you babe," he says resting his hand on my thigh and picking up his fork with the other.

"Love you too simp," I say before pecking him on the cheek playfully.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Laying out on the hammocks under the stars, all of us begin to drift off to sleep. JJ is cuddled on top of me, covering my body with his as he rests his head against my chest. I'm playing with JJ's hair softly weaving strands between my fingers. JJ's eyes are closed and his breathing pretty steady which leads me to believe he's either already sleeping, or pretty darn close to being asleep.

Saying goodnight to the others, I go to wrap my arms around JJ so that he and I can get more comfortable. Except he lets out a grunt, feeling around before grabbing my hand and placing it back in his hair.

"More," he says in a semi-demanding voice.

Feeling my chest vibrate in quiet laughter, he protests moving my hand in his so that I'll get the hint to continue playing with his hair.

As I go to open my mouth, JJ whispers, "Don't even think about saying it."

Simp.