14

Sutton Stan
Pov

May 2012

Today was the day i was flying to Berlin to shoot for 'The Book Thief' i was exited but i also felt anxious towrds it because i was going to be there on my own and i was staying alone too so I really had to grow up and mature for this because Seb had work to do and so did Mother so it was going to be a very lonely year for me.

Once i had packed my two suitcases with all my outfits whether they are dinner outfits, party outfits, workout clothes or even just chilling and set clothes i had so much stuff to be with me

"Seb" i yelled down the stairs

"yes darling sister" he replied

"i'm ready to fly" i said as i jumped down the last step of the stairs like i did as a child in our home with Mother.

"Lets go, go, go" Seb said with a small aspect of sadness on his voice almost regretful in a sense. I walked out the front door in black leggings a burgundy oxford hoodie on and some white trainers and i had my phone in one hand and one of my suitcases in the other hand. I got the first one to the car and the walked back to the house to grab the other and i closed the door behind me.

The car ride was quiet, the radio was playing softly and we had small talk but not much until Seb spoke

"Sutton, i'm so sorry I can't be there with you" it sounded like he was going to cry

"Seb, honestly its fine, i think its good to be independent and i promise i will call you at any time possible and if i can't call i'll text you and tell you every detail, I promise" i said with tears welling in my eyes.

We pulled up in the carpark and i opened my car door and so did Seb and we walked to the back of the car to lift out my suitcases. Sebby helped me get them checked in once we were in the airport but we parted ways emotionally when we had to and i watched as he walked away and i was at a realisation, i really am alone, I hadn't been to school in a very long time, and i did try online but i'm only really keeping up with math and organic chemistry so i think i may have failed this year.

I put my headphones on and i made my way through the airport and got food and some coffee before i sat down and got some school work done before we boarded. About an hour and a half into waiting i got a call from Seb asking if i was still okay and he was just checking up on me, i knew he might worry after that night but i was fine and i did explain that to him.

I heard the call for my flight called and i got up packed my stuff away and made my way onto the plane and sat in my seat. I was lucky enough to get my seat in business so i had lots of room to work. My flight was around 13 hours from LAX so i had lots of time.

Once i arrived in berlin i was greeted with sun but it still felt cold with the cool breeze that was floating around.

I walked through the terminal and got my suitcases and headed put the big glass doors to my next adventure. I saw a car with my name on it and headed over and i asked the driver "hi, is this for Sutton" with a slightly unsure voice.

"Yep car for Miss Stan" the driver said before he got out of the car to help me with my suitcase and he drove me to a hotel where i was to be pent up for the next nine months to a year, alone.

I got my key card and headed up to my room and packed away my stuff and pulled out my laptop and put on a Greys and called Seb forgetting the time difference so for him it was like 12:00 am but he still picked up and he had a bright smile on his face when he appeared

"Hey Sebby"

I said

"He Lottie, how was your flight?"

He quizzed me

"It was okay"

i replied

Before we continued to talk when he begun to fall asleep so i left him and ordered room service. It arrived and i continued with Greys till I decided to go to the gym at 9:30pm which helped me focus myself. I was having a great time alone in the gym at 11:00pm when my music was interrupted with an alert for my emails and I checked them and it was my schedule which was packed, to say the least i was working almost all day every day but it was good because i was occupied, i had some weekends off which is when i was planning to go round berlin and see the sights.

I was in the gym till 11:30pm when i went back to my room and showered changed and slept because thats when I realised i have a costume test tomorrow.