15

Sutton Stan
Pov

May 2012

The costume test was held on the set, so i headed over there at 11 because my call time was at 11:30 and i did not want to be late. I was picked up by a company car and they drove me through the city and out of the city, i sat in the back seat just texting a few people and then i made conversation with the driver whose name was Mark, he was 27 and did other jobs but this job pays well he told me and i told him a bit about me and we hit it off rather well i told him anytime he is in L.A or New York and i'm there we should meet and if i'm on a film if he is free i could get him a job which he was thankful for.

I arrived at the set which was beautiful but cold, it was a real set so we were in a little village and i walked and signed in and i was walked over to the costume place where i was given my outfit which was  a basic dress with some tights and worn boots, it was a war film again so they dressed very plainly and i can look good, once i tried it on they realised i was a tad taller that they expected because the dress was rather short so that got noted but then i was given some jackets for length and that was really it because the outfits were mainly dresses with tights so it was an easy fitting.

That was until it got to the hair, i was told i may need to cut it which scared me i have always had it long

"is there any other options?" I asked the hair lady who was called Sandra

"Not really" she says beating around the bush

"You know what cut it, I don't care anymore, i want a change i'm ready" i say whilst Sandra was showing me where i needed to cut it to.

Once my hair was cut i had a bright smile on my face as i ran my hand through my hair that was no longer long but was at my shoulders at its longest,

"i love it" i say instantaneously which put a but smile on Sandras face and the directors who had walked in mid hair appointment

I was stuck in the chair for another hour just finidhing the hair and finding my hair colour for extensions fro the ending incase it doesn't grow back. Makeup was the next conquest for the team, it was easy they just needed my shade and that was about it so i was in and out of that one.

When i was done i said a huge "thank you" to Sandra and left the trailer to be given the script for the film and i was told i was free to go. I found Mark in the car park just on his phone and i walked over and hopped in the car and we discussed how today was as we made the drive back into the city where i was staying.

Once we made it i got out with my bag and went back up to my room where i fell on my bed and called Seb who saw my hair and said he loved it and he really saw me grown up with that hair. Seb told me that i needed to call my mum.

I'll admit i was scared of mothers wrath, she always wanted my hair long so i kinda avoided FaceTimes from her but i had to call her back which i did. I got a whole speech about my hair, about how its her pride and joy and at that point i chose to zone out, i made my choice and she had no other choice because its done now.

Once i was off the phone I checked the time and it was 7:30 so i went down to the restaurant for dinner and i had Rouladen which was actually rather nice. I headed up to my room after putting it on my tab and i checked the time, it was 8:45 so i changed and headed to the gym with my black nike pro's and my coral sports bra with an oversized jumper on as i walked through the corridors, i went later than most people would purely because i feel insecure in my sports bra and shorts, having done gym and dance for like 6 years you become critical of your body, you learn to inspect all of it, to look perfect. So less people there, less people to judge me. I was in the gym till almost 11 which is when my phone went off and it was Seb calling me.

"Hey Sebby" i answered out of breath

"Sutton, are in the gym at this time?" He asks

"Yeah, I didn't have time earlier" i lied

"Oh ok" he brushed it off  "how is Germany?" He asks

"It's beautiful from what i have seen, i think we are going on cast building days in the city next week" i explain what i director told me as i walked back to my room chatting with Seb

"I need to go shower Sebby, i'm sorry" i say

"Bye Sutton, call me if you need me" he says as he hangs up.