The repercussion of a pact!

Author's pov

riddhima was looking at vansh with widened eyes whereas he was simply smirking. but her chain of thoughts was soon broken when a tall lady, with fair skin and blue eyes, came towards them wearing a western saree and hugged her husband while giggling in joy and with a genuine smile, he too reciprocated it. it didn't take her too long to assume she is his sister.

the girl: Bhai...... i missed you a lot!

vansh: I too missed you a lot Ishani! how is everyone in the house?

ishani: you itself go see nah...

vansh: sure, anyways... meet your bhabhi, my wife!

he said encircling his one hand on her waist and the other rested in his pockets. Ishani came up to her and gave her a formal hug with a genuine smile which was least expected for riddhima. she too did it for a formality and exchanged one another's names. soon she took her inside and before she could enter the house, a lady in her mid 40's came down the stairs with a royal aura, making her feel goosebumps. she came up to her and stopped the couple from entering. then she snapped her fingers and the next moment, a thali with some things were brought to her by some servant. doing both of our aarti, she did the thilak for both and blessed them with her hands. then riddhima stepped inside the mansion after stepping into the Alta. she had no idea what was happening yet she was excited about this new life. getting inside, the lady hugged her in a formal way and broke the hug at the same speed

the lady: i am Uma Ajay Rai Singhania... Vansh's mother. i wasn't aware of this marriage until my dear son just called me up late at night and informed me in the most uncanny manner. God knows where his morals and values have gone! but as far as the relations are in a note, you are my daughter in law and i accept you with my whole heart to the family, i hope you won't be insubordinate like your husband. 

she nodded her head while vansh was trying his best not to laugh knowing exactly what she is what his mom has expected her to be seeing her innocent-looking wife! with a notorious smile hugged his mom and she stood rooted not reciprocating. it was lucid enough to see the anger in her face but the irony of the man behaving like nothing happened actually shocked riddhima.

uma: today i am not gonna forgive you vansh, you have crossed all your boundaries and broke the laws of the house. i accept riddhima but not you... now you will have to earn it with your loyalty and obedience rather than wasting time pacifying me with hugs and fake promises. neither i am a 20-year old nor you are a 5-year-old kid to finish it off that easily! 

he nodded silently and was about to say something when angre came and called him out for something. taking the leave, he left. 

uma: make yourself comfortable riddhima, Ishani.... make it up to her!

she said and left from there and riddhima sighed in relief... Ishani took her and showed her the whole mansion and they could actually have a good bond in a very short span of time as both were highly interested in fast fashion. sitting in the garden both were laughing at one another's jokes like long-lost besties... no one would ever say they just meet up half an hour ago. 

riddhima: is your Bhai always like this???

ishani: sorry i didn't get you...

riddhima: i mean, is he always so irritating and bipolar?

ishani broke out laughing like a mad hearing her words. holding her stomach while laughing she asked

" did you marry my brother only???"

riddhima(confused): what do you mean?

ishani(making a serious face): okay, no more jokes... but if you have seen that side of vansh Bhai, then he really loves you. because he doesn't behave like that even with us! in fact, everyone here lives like strangers living on the same roof and when meeting they just show some formality, nothing else! and you are indeed some fresh air for me to breathe.... maybe Bhai also feel the same.

there was a pang of pain in her words. nodding silently, she side hugged her. with a bright smile, Ishani wiped her tears that came out by mistake. 

riddhima: ok, forget all this and tell me since when did you start living here?

Ishani: well almost two months i guess!

hearing it, riddhima remembered his words "we got married almost 2 months 5 days 16 hours and 5 seconds back but now only you knew about it right??" it was like a relief for her, so she could make up that the house is made after meeting her, means she must have given him this idea! 

riddhima: oh.... anyways i think we should go inside, it's already getting dark and it's getting cold...

Ishani: yeah i know... you go, i will come later!

nodding she went to her room as she knew Ishani needs some alone time. she was sitting in the bench with a lot of emotions rolling inside her, and she felt someone sitting there. without even looking who is it, she kept her head on that person's shoulder and spoke

"why did you make me lie bhai? she is so innocent!"

yes, it was vansh, with a pale smile he looked at her. 

vansh(cupping her face): you aren't baby... she asked the wrong question and you answered what you knew right?

ishani slightly nodded but yet her confusions weren't over!

ishani: Bhai tell the truth... how do you know her? she seems to be too blank in knowing you! and you on the other hand are even prepared for the questions she may ask me or anyone out there! and you told us you knew her for 7 years and that's the reason why you married her without even thinking once to ask any of us! are you cheating on both of us with your lies?

vansh stood up absurdly with a cold face and walked off to the railing of the area where the see was visible. it was indeed a really good spot for nature lovers. hundreds of questions, guilt, new plans were covering his mind yet his face was so calm. 

vansh(blankly): there is a difference between both lying and hiding Ishani... she asked since when you have been living here and you told the truth! if she wanted to know when was it build, she should have asked that! second, she doesn't know me i agree but i have really known her for 7 years! now don't take me to be an obsessed stalker or something because i am not! it was she who made the pact, not me!

Ishani: what pact and what are you saying Bhai... you are scaring me for some reason!

vansh: The repercussion of a pact! it's nothing else Ishani... just stay calm and make sure riddhima doesn't get to know that I have been living in this house for years... and you know what will be your reward for this!

first, she was guilty but when he said in the last... about the reward, her waiting would be over! she will finally get her love in return for this favor and with this thought, she agreed to him and left the place before she could think and make another issue! 

"he is indeed a player, with a dynamic player who knows every weak and strong nerve in his both opponents and closest one's! his wide range in knowing the game and players makes him the winner for now but till when? what happens when the veil of secrets is removed in front of his only weakness and strength, his sweetheart? only one who can defeat him is her! the only one who is aware of the truth!