3 | A Dash of Green

────────────

────(Y/n)────

As I blinked myself awake from the sudden flight nap, I look out the window before sitting up. Damn, it's dark. How long was I out for? As I got comfortable, I noticed that I was leaning against something soft in place where McCree should be. Not only that, but something draped over my body, making me lift it up in front of my face to peer at it.

It was Jesse's poncho. Old but clean, clean but smelly. But not of sweat, more like aged cigar smoke, which didn't leave me in surprise or disgust.

I sat there for a while before I stretched out my arms and got up, opening the pod of our seating placement and taking a step out. The atmosphere felt warm, giving me a little tingly sensation on my neck from the sudden change in temperature; I guess he knew I liked sleeping in a chilly room, so no wonder I knocked out. Sweet lil' cowboy..

I make my way towards a dimly lit lounge, smelling the all too familiar scent of aged cigar smoke emitting from under the door. As I'm about to knock, I hear muffled speaking coming from the other side. One I could tell to be Jesse, but the other was static like; it sounded as if the other person was from an electronic - Maybe a call..? As I stood there waiting for what I think was a call to end, I lean the back of my head against the door.

"Everything is fine up here. We have the agents, Ana, and me so I'm pretty sure we're set." I heard McCree say, a soft inhaling noise being heard before a slow exhale.

"A────ou su─, ──?"

"I'm pretty sure, yeah. Don't worry yer' pretty little head, partner.." Another inhale and exhale was heard.

After a couple of minutes, I felt a small yawn escape my lips before I quickly pulled my hand over my mouth. I guess it was too loud, because suddenly, there was nothing but silence until I heard Jesse.

"I gotta hang up now, I think someone is awake and snoopin' aroun' behind the door. I'll meet you when we land and get settled."

Shit!

I flinch away from the door as it opens with a quick swishing motion, a messy McCree standing in the doorway. I stare at his form with sudden fluster and embarrassment, my cheeks and ears heating up with red. His armor was off along with his leather chaps, the only metal things on his body being his arm, and spurs on the back of his boots. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, and his shirt.. oh his fucking shirt.. was unbuttoned down to the middle of his abdomen, giving me a very CLEAR view of his figure. And by figure, I mean his buffed out chest and obvious abs.

I sucked in a huge amount of air, looking at everything but Jesse.

"What are you doin' around here, darlin'?" He rumbled, leaning up against the door and crossing his arms.

I managed to stutter out a few words, "Y-you weren't in the pod.. So I thought I'd come find you.."

Jesse hums in response, glancing at my face before he chuckles lowly. "You okay there?"

"Y-yup! Just uh.. a LI-TTLE flustered from seeing you - what's the word.. Vulnerable?"

"Oh, right. I forgot that to a woman yer' basically looking at what men do when they see a revealin' girl."

"Normally I would be fine, but it's been a century since I've seen any man with a chiseled, revealed chest.. much less a bare one."

"I guess you haven't trained with one for a while then, hm?"