10 | No

────────────

────(Y/n) POV────

Genji and I were sitting in the food hall eating away at this mornings' breakfast ─ waffles and savory sides ─ while talking amongst ourselves about our lives before recall. It was quite interesting, to say the least, about what Genji was up to in our time apart; searching for inner peace, to attempting a confrontation with his older sibling.

      I could tell he oversimplified his story from the big gaps of detailing that was left out, especially during his attempt to talk with his brother, but whatever makes him comfortable. I crossed my leg over the other and gently bounced it while listening to Genji's tales.

"— and then I returned to my stay back in Harajuki." He ate the waffle piece on his raised fork.

"Well I must say Genji, you've done more than I have during our time apart." I sliced my remaining pieces of waffle into smaller chunks.

"I doubt that. You have always been notorious for being reckless.."

"Well.. I kept my old equipment."

"Oh? Heh, do tell, little rabbit."

He looked down at his waffle and began to cut it, meanwhile my face contorted into somewhat of confusion. That was the fifth time he's called me that since we sat down.

Jesse was the only one who ever called me 'little rabbit,' and now Genji is hopping along just after he caught me and McCree hanging out. Putting two and two together, one would say this was the ninja's jealousy coping mechanism — now that would be true.. had he actually remembered everything that has happened between us. Deducting that, what he was doing couldn't be what I was speculating, so what could it be?

I fix my face just before he lifts his eyes back to mine, the sudden silence lingering around.

Genji lets the quiet last for seconds more before sitting up straight, "Little rabbit?"

Six.

I blink absentmindedly until I realize I kept his request on hold with my sudden thoughts.

"Sorry! I was trying to think of a story.." I divert, stuffing my face with waffle slices in spur of the moment.

A small chuckle rumbles in his throat, Genji's back relaxing once again against the chair.

As I chew, I collect my memories on the past few years of silence. It was hard to pick from the many scenarios in my head, but eventually, I picked one.

"Well, after I started working with a bakery, there was.. an altercation, to say the least, that led me to being blackmailed into helping the local police force."

"Really?"

      "Yeah, I have to admit, it was refreshing to get back into action, but not when I was forced to." I chuckled.

      "Anyways, I was-"

      "Genji! Pardon my intrusion, but I need to borrow him for a moment."