A missing piece - Bruno x reader

(Y/n) pov
Everyone always questioned are relationship everyone says Bruno as creepy and weird but I saw past that, past his gift and saw him for the sweet heart he is.

We met when we were both 1 years old, started liking each other at 13, started dating at 18 and finally got married at 25. It was the most amazing time of my life. Until one day Bruno disappeared without a trace, I search for a long time after everyone else gave up I searched the encanto twice eventually the madrigals forced me to stop as I was exhausting myself and pushed myself to the point I collapsed and had to be taken care of.

I haven't been the same I wouldn't do anything without someone else helping me or telling me, I was a shell. I wouldn't eat, bathe, without some else to help or tell me to, I haven't spoken a word since. Every since that day I've been under the care of the madrigal family, they basically had to live for me to they had to make sure I ate and even drank water. They would take me outside everyday for a certain amount of time and most importantly never bring up Bruno around me because it would send me into a whirlwind of pain. I'd sob and cry, they have to keep a close eye on me since I hurt myself trying to feel something.

Im missing a piece of me.

Bruno pov
It killed me having to hide in the walls hearing my beloved cry over me, I wanted nothing more to leap out the hidden hole in the wall and tell her I'm here but I couldn't I have to protect Maribel. It became worse when casita started cracking because I could then see what she had become, a shell often Camilo would try to make her feel better by giving her tea and once offered to shape-shift into me but it just hurt her.

It hurt me to having to be away from her but still be so close at least if I actually left I would still be able to hope she ok. I miss her warm embrace she the only one who say past what people thought of me and my weirdness and loved me for me. The most terrifying bit would be when she comes down stairs in the night and tried to hurt herself to feel something. Luckily Dolores would hear her and stop her, it hurts my heart every day to be away from her she is everything to me we have know each other all are lives she's a part of me, but now.

I'm missing a piece of me.

No one pov
Mirabel and abuela had made up while you watch from the the side of the river a blank expression on your face, when suddenly bruno on a horse leaps out the bushes "she didn't do this, woah, woah!" He shout trying to control the horse (and failing) "she didn't do this! I gave her a vision" he slide off the horse one leg propped up, but the horse moves so he falls flat in the ground "it was me" he says quickly getting up finger pointing "I was like go and she was like pfffft she only wanted to help, I don't care what you think of me, but if your to stubborn t..t..t" abuela cuts him off by surprising him with a hug making him confused "brunito" she says happily "I feel like I missed something important" he says as he was not expecting this. abuela release him from her embrace and takes both his cheeks in her hands and kisses one of them. Bruno looks behind her and gasps standing a few feet away from him is the person he had missed the most you...

Your blank face staring at him with your empty eyes. Abuela looks behind her and move out the way going to stand next to mirabel with the horse, leavening the couple to look at each other "hey querida it's been awhile huh, I know you probably have a lot of questing about why I left? Why I didn't tell you? where have I been? Hehe" he says nervously since he wasn't expecting this. You just look at him it sinking in 'Bruno's back, Bruno's back, BRUNOS BACK!!!'. Bruno stands there awkwardly, suddenly the light returns to your eyes you gasp "BRUNO!!!" You run at him crashing into him in a tight hug almost knocking you both over. He hugs you back when all the emotions, thought and question all rush to you, you pull out of the hug "where did you go! Why did you leave! Why didn't you tell me! Have you any idea how much it hurt you being gone without a trace! You idiota!" You shout rambling, Bruno just looks at you eyes wide after watching you be so emotionless it was strange to see you like this. "God I've missed you" you add cupping his cheeks and kissing him, Bruno happily accepts the kiss wrapping his arms around you, you slide your arms around his neck. He pulls away first and replies "I've missed you to" he buries his face in your neck breathing in your scent. You stand there holding each other close when you hear abuela laugh softly, you both look at her "it's as if nothings changed" you both smile "come on" mirabel add hoping on the horse abuela getting on behind her you and Bruno squeezing on you behind abuela, Bruno after you. "Wh..wha..what's happening, where are we going?" Bruno asks confused "home" mirabel says whipping the reins, the horse galloping off Bruno quickly grabs onto you so he doesn't fall off.

Time skip
Casita had been rebuilt, everyone got their gifts back and most importantly Bruno is back everything was perfect. You and Bruno were sitting on the sofa cuddling he had just told you everything about why he left, where he's been and why he didn't come back. You felt really sad for him it must have been hard, it was hard for you but least you had the family madrigal to help but all Bruno had were the rats. You hold each other close occasionally exchanging kissing from small pecks to passionate kisses but finally...

You had found that missing piece.