At least I'll be with her - Camilo x reader (angst)

(Tw: death)(I had to do a lot of research for this one😩)

(Y/n) pov
"The miracle is dying because of you" mirabel states upset on the brink of tears, abuela is shocked. The ground between the two cracks, the cracks continue up to the candle "no no no!" Pepa says. The candle falls over and the house shakes, mirabel springs into action "casita get me up there" casita uses the railings and turns it into a ladder "mirabel!" I call to her running after her. Isabel's tried to use a vine to get up to the candle but her door breaks and the vine disappears, she falls but casita catches her. I jump onto the make shift ladder and climb up, I see Camilo try to jump to the roof but he shifts back into himself so he doesn't make it, I feel my heart drop as he falls but casita breaks his fall, I continue to climb. Mirabel makes it to the top looking behind her to see the mountain break, I climb up to not far behind her. I hear juileta call for her daughter yelling they need to get out, casita protects them and pushes them all out the house, we see Bruno had managed to get out the house. Mirabel finally reaches the candle, she tries to reach for it but slips casita pushes her back up but I loose balance and fall down I try to get back up.

The house continues to break and the family yells for me and mirabel but mirabel keeps reaching for the candle. She finally gets it but looks up and sees Bruno's tower is coming down, casita slides her off the room sliding her to the ground and covers her with furniture, however I'm not so lucky. I'm slid down and land on the ground hard nothing comes over to protect me it all goes to mirabel, I cover my head as the house collapsed on me...everything went dark...

Camilo pov
The dust settles and everyone rushes in looking for mirabel but I'm looking for someone else my girlfriends (y/n). Juileta finds mirabel kneeling in the middle of the wreckage completely fine with the burnt out candle "mirabel where's (y/n)?" I ask she looks to her right "she landed there" gesturing to a big pile of rubble "oh no" I say to myself, quickly I start moving pieces of house to look for my amor. Everyone else helps out except juileta who goes to what once was the kitchen to see if any of her medicine survived. "Found her!" Luisa yells we all rush to her, I see (y/n) arm sticking out. We all help push everything off her until we can pull her out, I mover her to a clear area juileta puts her fingers to her neck searching for a pulse. She looks at me and shakes her head looking down "no" I say quietly I put my head on her chest hoping to hear something, but I hear nothing...

"Where mirabel?" I hear juileta say we all look to where she was sitting she was no longer there, we all search for mirabel. I focus completely on looking for mirabel and push (y/n) death out my mind tricking myself into thinking she is alive but was just unconscious.

Eventually mirabel is found and the whole village helps to rebuild casita, amazingly we all get are gifts back. I'm standing in the middle of the room while everyone parties I look around trying to spot (y/n) but the it hits me all at once 'she's gone'. My breathing quicken, my eyes blur, the room feels like it's spinning and I start sweating, 'she's gone, she's gone, she's gone' is all I can think.

Suddenly I feel a sharp, shooting pain in my chest I feels it I had just been stabbed. I shriek at the feeling and drop to my knee, one hand on the ground the other clutching my chest, this causes everyone to turn their attention to me, my family rushes over. "Camilo what's wrong" my mamá ask "it hurts" I manage to say through gritted teeth. I fall so I'm on both my knees and leaning on elbow still clutching my chest, I hear a lot of commotion as sounds beginning to muffle and jumble together, my vision getting darker. I slide so I'm just flat on the floor, the grip on my chest weakening as the pain overwhelms me. "At least I'll get to be with (y/n)" I mumble before everything fades to black (unintentional reference)...

No one's pov
No one could believe it one moment there all parting happily, the next Camilo had dropped dead. They decided to take his body to a doctor to find out what happened and what they were told they where not expecting.

The doctor sat all madrigals down and told them their diagnosis "he likely died from broken heart syndrome" they state "what's that?" Pepa asks wanting to know what killed her son "was there anything super stressful that may of happened specifically to him" everyone looks at each other "his girlfriend died in the house collapse" felix says "that would explain it, the stress and grief of losing her caused his body to produce a lot of hormones and proteins such as adrenaline and noradrenaline, which is meant to help cope with stress but the heart muscles can get overwhelmed by the massive amounts suddenly produced. Then it caused a narrowing of his small arteries that supply blood flow to the heart decreasing blood flow. It's likely this started when he learned she had died" he explains "but how can it happens to quickly?" Dolores buts in. The doctor sighed "it can occur in hours even minutes of the stress. He likely after the initial stress he likes experience a second one possibly reliving his grief caused a sudden release of those hormones again making the narrowing worse, causing his blood pressure to drop in turn causing him to go into shock then his heart went into a abnormal rhythm, which then led to his heart stopping completely"

the madrigal family is shocked by this, they leave and take their time to process everything they had just been told. Eventually the time for Camilo and (y/n) funeral came they made sure they were buried together, so they can be together forever just as they would want it.

Once the family returned to casita after the funeral, Antonio noticed something "looks" he says pointing in between his door and Dolores...Camilos door...

Was gone...