A sad reminder - bruno x reader (long)(kinda angsty)

(Trigger warning: talk of miscarriage)
(This chapter is long)(2712 words long)

Mirabel pov
I had just gotten out of Bruno tower where I found his last vision, i rush to my room ready to put it together but when I get in there (y/n) is waiting for me. "Heyyyy (y/n), what's upppp" she just looks at me "you went in Bruno's room didn't you" she state "wha..how did..." "your covered in sand" I look at myself and see I am indeed covered in sad.

"Can I ask you about him? I know the others don't talk about him but I know you to were close" I say sheepishly think she'll just tell me the we don't talk about Bruno. She scoffs "we were more then close" she stands and looks out my window "way more then close" she says sadly looking at a shiny ring on her left hand "we were married". "Really?" I say as I walk next to her "yup it's been 25 years since we married" "wow that's a long time" she nods, fiddling with her rings. "It's hard to think about" she sighs "I was pregnant when he left, he never knew" I gasp and my eyes widen in shock "what happened?" "When Bruno left I didn't even know but when I was getting morning sickness and I just had a hunch so I saw a doctor and found out, but the stress and depression I was in I had a miscarriage they would of been 9 by now, I didn't even know if it was a boy or girl" a single tear rolls down her cheek. I feel my heart break, I reach in my bag and take out a piece of the vision and show her it her eyes widen "could you help me" she nods "why was I in your vision Bruno?" I say to myself when thunder made me jump and quickly hide the vision piece. It turn out to just be Pepa coming for Antonio's things.

Time skip past the whole we don't talk about Bruno song till after

"I never should of brought up Bruno" I look at the vision afraid (y/n) looking next to me looking concerned, when suddenly my dad walks in "you got your party pants on cause...*gasp*". We both jump and try to hide the vision but it's to late.

(Y/n) pov
Mirabel dad quickly grabs all the vision pieces "we say nothing, abuela wants tonight to be perfect so until they leave you did not break into Bruno's tower, the magic is not dying, Luisas gift is not fading, no one has to know..." we suddenly hear Dolores peep "hooo I know" she whispers speed walking off "she's gonna tell everyone" mirabel says "we're screwed" I say.

We all sit down for dinner mirabel staring Dolores out, I sit nervously eating I'm sitting on the opposite side of the table of abuela facing the family tree. Everything starts going down hill when Dolores tells Camilo which causes him to choke a little causing him to shapeshift and end up with a weird face. He then whispers to Felix who spits his water everywhere, he then whispers to Pepa who creates a large storm cloud. "Pepa the cloud" abuela says "clear skies, clear skies, clear skies..." Pepa whispers stroking her hair trying to calm down, Pepa whispers to juileta who looks a mirabel shocked.

Eventually Dolores spits the truth out and mirabel knocks the vision across the table, the house starts to crack and everyone runs off blaming mirabel. "It's not me it's Bruno's vision" we both see rats run by holding the pieces of the vision, we look at each other and follow them where they go behind a painting we climb in to see a figure take a piece off the rat and look at us in a flash of lighting he's gone, we run after him. There both faster then me so I fall behind as I'm running I hear mirabel calling for help from casita or for anyone I run to try to get to her but when I get there I see her about to slip but the figure we were chasing catches her 'ITS BRUNO' "your very sweaty" is all he says before the wood under him breaks and they both are hanging on. A rat crawls from a Bruno's sleeve causing her to let go causing Bruno to fall, but he just stands up and brushes the dust cloud away with a 'hm' I drop down and we both climb up.

He looks at the hole them back at us both "bye" he says then walking off "wha no, hold on" mirabel says following him I follow her. "Wait wait! Ow! Why did you take the vision?" Mirabel asks when suddenly Bruno knocks on the wood poles tided to the was holds his breath then walks by. "What does it mean? Is it why you came back?" Bruno stops and lets out the air he was holding "tio Bruno?" Mirabel continues trying to get his attention "knock, knock, knock, knock on wood you were never supposed to see that vision, no one was" he says knocking on the walk again continuing to walk. "A little salt" I hear him whisper to himself before throwing a handful of salt behind him into mirabels face "sugar?" He says before throwing it behind him again and into poor mirabels face.