25: Birth

"Ayy, Kaiser! We were wondering if you were still coming."

"Sorry, we were just a bit held up." I was crying about what to wear because the dress I wanted to wear would not zip and I just would not try to find something.

"Cool okay, Hi, Johnathan." He holds his hand out and I shake it.

"Kamo."

"Good to meet you Kamo, Juice is inside." As he hands Kai a beer.

"I miss alcohol," I say making my way inside. There are four ladies, two in their thirties, one in her twenties and another that I can not tell. "Hey, I am Kamo."

"Ah, Kaiser's Baby mama, what can I help you with, I am Lisa by the way." I shake her hand.

"Juice please."

"Cool." She goes to the fridge and I go to sit down.

"I am Alex and this is Vanessa." The women in their thirties introduce themselves.

"I am Paula." The more I look at her she looks forty.

"So how far along are you?" Lisa hands me my juice.

"Nearly seven months, I can not wait to be done with this pregnancy." The women laugh.

"You are going to miss being pregnant which is why I have four kids, hated birthing them but pregnancy was amazing even with all its bullshit," Paula comments while she reaches for a banana.

"I agree, I loved when my babies were in my belly, they were definitely better there than here," Vanessa adds.

"I miss life before pregnancy and I want that back."

"One piece of advice I can give you, it never comes back because after pregnancy life comes baby life. You desperately want to go out but when you are, you just want to be back home with your baby. Enjoy this period and get ready for the next when you are there, enjoy that period and get ready for the next." Lisa injects.

The day was amazing. It was great getting to know everyone and the ladies spent the time preparing me for life after birth, so many things are left out of magazines, baby books and school textbooks. They told me that I need to have a strong support system established before the baby arrives because I will need all the help I can get. We went home and watched tv, while Kaiser massaged my back and feet.

"I want to watch Beauty and the Beast," I say grabbing the remote from him, he goes downstairs to fetch us more crisps when my phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Is this Kamohelo Molapo?"

"This is She."

"We regret to inform you but your parents were involved in a car accident and are currently in our hospital."

"Uhm okay, thank you, I am on my way." I stand and grab a coat and shoes. Kaiser gets in as I put on his coat since those are the only ones that fit. "My parents are in hospital."

"Okay, let's go." He grabs a hoodie and we make it to the hospital.

"Hi, Uhm I am looking for Mr and Mrs Molapo."

"They are currently in surgery and you can wait outside theatre A3 on the fourth floor." We head to the floor and I can not see them, I stand for a while before sitting next to Kai on the bench.

"What if they die?" These are my parents, the only people I could trust for the longest time, my best friends, my guardians, they are the reason I can get up out of bed because of the fear of what their faces will look like if they ever found me dead. They can not die, they can not leave me, they can not do that to me.