37: Men

We plan to study here every week, it is easier for everyone and the girls get to drool over Kai.

Khanyi is at my dad's house tonight, Kai said he would fetch her on his way here.

"So what is the right answer?"

"I don't know, I asked Chris for the memo and he said he would send it," René says.

"Okay, so we move on to the next question?" We all nod, the garage door opens, the girls look towards the door, Khanyi comes running into the house and comes to me

"Mama!" She screams as she pulls on my arm.

"Okay, Baba, why don't you go spend time with Dada?" I pick her up "I am coming back."

I head to the garage and I found him taking out the groceries.

"Kai?"

"Kitten."

"Your daughter is disturbing me."

"Khanyi, is that true?" He turns around to look at her. "It is?" She laughs

"I'm going to put her in her walker and switch the tv to cocomelon."

"Okay. How was school today?"

"Torture, it all feels like a lot and I feel like it is not for me, I am close to breaking down every other class." He wipes away the tears from my eyes.

"How about, Khanyi and I get you a gift, I will go put these in the kitchen and we will be out of your hair." A nod "Come here." He wraps his arms around me. "If anyone can do this, it is you."

When he got back, most of the group had left.
"Kitten?" He calls as he gets into the house.

"Baby," I head to the foyer and find him carrying a box while Khanyi is carrying a Mcdonald's paper bag. "This is cute, thank you, baby."

"Look inside the box." Inside there are a few of my favourite sweets, treats and a black rectangular box.

"What is this?"

"Open it." Inside the box is a beautiful butterfly necklace, with his name below the butterfly.

"It is beautiful, thank you so much, Kai, is this your way of making sure everyone knows I belong to you?" I ask as he puts it around my neck.

"Subtly letting them know." He wraps his arms around my waist. Khanyi probably went into the lounge. "How about I give you a massage after we put Khanyi to sleep?" He is not going to stop at the message.

"Okay." He joins our lips for a brief kiss, then he lets me go and as I turn to walk away he spanks my arse.

A few days go by and I am in communications class with Chris.
"So are you going to Escape on Saturday?"

"Uhm no, spending the day with my family."

"Why?"

"Because I miss them plus I have a one-year-old, she will not take kindly to me not being there."

"Can't your baby daddy look after her?"

"My boyfriend is capable of taking care of his daughter, he does it every day when I am at school."

"So how long have you two been together?"

"A year and a half." He nods.

"Wait how old are you?"

"That's a rather intrusive question."

"I am sorry, forget I asked."

"Come on let's get back to this activity."