Surprise.

ONE SHOT
starring
Allen Payne.

ONE SHOT starring Allen Payne

____

THE SOUNDS OF THUNDER COULD BE HEARD from inside of the condo, the one that Charlene lived in. She was on the top floor inside of the the master bedroom, resting as peacefully as she could. The other side of the bed was empty, which was something that Char wasn't used to — but she was adjusting to it. Usually, Jason would be there by her side every night.

But he was on duty — and was probably going to be for the next couple of months, as he was in service. In all honesty, Charlene should've been used to him not being around, as she knew what his job occupation consisted of prior to dating him. But even with knowing that, it was still pretty hard.

Another strike of lightning bolted in the sky, being bright and as loud as could be. It woke the young lady up, and she became alert. She hated huge thunderstorms, especially at night. She heard a loud noise coming from outside of her room, and that made her a bit worried.

Not wanting to feel that way, she attempted to go back to sleep, throwing all of the covers over her and curling up into a ball. She closed her eyes, humming softly as she tried to pin out the noise that came from the outside to help her go to sleep faster.

Another sound came about, and it seemed to have came closer to Charlene. She tried to ignore it, wanting slumber to be back on her side. She nearly froze when she could hear footsteps, edging closer and closer to her — could it have
been someone robbing her?

Before she could even turn around to see for herself, she felt arms being wrapped around her, specifically her waist. That particular touch that she felt had her shocked, as she didn't want to believe what she first initially thought.

"Char? Baby, are you awake?" Hearing his voice made her heart jump in excitement. Charlene turned around, hugging her Jason tightly as she squealed.

" J-Jason! W-How are you here? I thought you were all the way in Georgia!"

" They released me. Turns out they didn't need me for as long like I thought they would." Jason says grinning. Charlene smiled, still being in shock that her man was still here. " I was gonna surprise you in the morning, but I couldn't wait anymore— so, SURPRISE!"

" I'm glad you came back...I missed you. Being away from you was killing me, even if it was just for four weeks."

" I know..." Jason says as he chuckled. " But I'm here baby. I am here to stay." he continues. Charlene grinned, feeling so very relieved. They two stared at each other, both happy to be back in each other's spaces.