Life's a B*tch. (2)

ROCHESTER, NY.
FEBRUARY.

2000.

A year had passed since Amil had gotten out of AZ's sight. She considered her life well, as she was finding the finer things that it had to offer. In the essence of healing, she was able to discover a lot about herself that she felt she wouldn't have gotten to had she stayed in her situation with Anthony.

She wouldn't ever deny not thinking about the man and his whereabouts. It was hard not to, considering the major outcome that was revealed to her once she broke free from the man.

She found herself pregnant, after failure from the baring experience. She had a baby boy, who was coming up on his birthday.

So it was hard for Amil to not think of Anthony. She had his son. But despite her thoughts, she didn't allow them  to overflow her mind, to the best of her capability.

She had returned to her roots, being back in what most could say was the countryside New York— Rochester. It was tough for her mentally and emotionally to get back in contact with family, as she had been away for years— but she got it upon herself to do so.

And it went better than she could imagined— her mother and father welcomed their baby girl with wide arms, comforting her in assurance and love. All of the needs that any child would get from their parents.

They understood her perspective when she explained her situation and how things should go on for now. The woman felt it was in best interest to stay low and out of the way.

It was the best thing to do for her safety. Not only was she attached to one of Anthony's criminal cases, but the man had eyes everywhere— so she didn't want to be caught up at all.

She stayed herself in Rochester, having a coffee shop job that provided her the opportunity to save up so she and her son could move away out of the country for good.

Her plans consisted of her moving to Quebec and starting up a small business there, one that fulfilled in music. It wasn't as easy as it sounded, but the woman was determined to have her newly found dream come true.

To finally free within herself. It was liberating for Amil and all that she had been through.

The coffee shop she worked at was at its busiest hour of every weekday. It always had got to be overwhelming for Amil, but it was always a breeze when it was Friday. Her weekend off was her motivation.

It was on its way swiftly as the clock ticked away— it brought Amil to a senseful grace. She prepared to walk and give out an order— as she did, she glanced toward the entrance door as a few more people came in.

"Amil, I need your assistance out for Table 3 and 4." the woman nodded her head as she heard her task, printing out tabs for her previous tables.

Soon she came to meet with her assigned tables, and it wasn't a surprise to see that the particular eye that laid on her was there. Greeting herself, the man stared firmly underneath his tinted shades.