Dreams.

SHORT STORY
starring
Allen Iverson.

SHORT STORYstarring Allen Iverson

_____

" You're goofy as hell Allen!" you said, watching him dance around the place. You both were at the mall, hanging out with each other on a Saturday afternoon. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder, leaning into you as he laughed.

Technically, the two of you were dating, but it had to be on the down low. Your parents despised the idea of you dating Allen. He grew up having a hard life, finding his way into being involved with gangs at a young age. His mother put into football when he was 12, and from there he blasted off. By his junior year in high school, he had 15 offers from D1 college schools. Not only that, but he played basketball as well, and had picked up 8 offers from that.

Life seemingly was finally going alright for him, up until his senior year in high school. He was convicted as a suspect for a huge crime, which was 2 robberies and an assault. The story about that was all over the news, and at one point on CNN.

With that on his radar, he ended losing most of his offers and spent his whole senior year trying to battle of those charges that could have gave him up to 20 years in prison. And now, he was just trying to get his life back together. And while doing that, he found you, whom he considered the love of his life.

" Baby, I think we should get one of those..." Allen says, pointing to a store window.

" What? A blanket?"

" Yeah...that way, I can take you out to the lake and have a picnic with you. It'll be dope, don't you think?"

" yeah, I guess it would be." you say as you grin.

" you know I love you, right?"

" mhm...and I love you."

" I don't care what your parents think about me. I don't even know why they hate me for anyway..."

" Because of that stuff that happen a awhile back....at least that's what they tell me." you say, rolling your eyes.

" But whatever they say won't matter, because I'm gonna choose you. Every time." you say, holding his hand. He kisses your cheek, and you both head out of the mall, going to his car.

He drove you around and sweet sounds of Stevie Wonder played as you strolled through the city of Hampton. He took around near his side of town, as he promised to take to your favorite spot to eat around there.