𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ☆ 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑶𝑵𝑬

"Really?"

I laughed along with Mary as we walked down the street. I was laughing genuinely for the first time..

Since they declared my reappearance, everything was going fine. Everyone was happy, the disappearances were no longer happening.. but I still was curious. And I was afraid that curiosity was going to ruin my life all over again.

I shook off the thought as we stopped walking. We stood in front of the a familiar house, the house I once knew as a cozy but eerie environment.

"Why are we here?"

Mary asked as she rang the doorbell, I smiled and hummed in response, waiting to hear the sound of those hinges.

Micheal opened the door, a neutral expression on his face, but it soon turned to a wide smile as he caught my gaze.

"Miss y/n! Who's this?"

He turned to marry, waving at her once he saw her doing the same. I smiled and introduced the two as I walked inside, gesturing Mary to follow. I looked around the house, trying to find a certain someone..

and to my fortunate pleasure I was met with his mesmerizing gaze.

I scurried into the kitchen, placing my arms around his neck, as he wrapped his hands around my waist as he pulled me into a soft yet deep kiss

"I missed you."

I smiled, as I pulled away.

William looked back to the stove a light smile on his face as he walked over flipping over one of the stakes that were on the grill. I smiled dropping a paper bag on the table, I had bought extra snacks just in case something went wrong.

Mary walked over to me, her hands in her pockets as she looked around. She seemed a bit off lately.. why? was I going to try and help? Yes. I couldn't bare the guilt. Every time I looked at her, all I imagined was a face of anger and disappointment.

"Are you okay?"

I asked my gaze landed on her.

"Yeah I'm fine.. just-"

Just what? I hoped she wouldn't say what I was thinking about.. in fact, I hoped that everyday she wouldn't find out until I told her myself, we.. told her.

"Things with Jonathan haven't been going so well."

My stomach dropped. Why? Why wasn't it going well? Because of what me and Jonathan-

"We've been having so many arguments. But, I know we'll work through it.."

"Of course you will.. just hold on. I'll talk to him okay?"

She nodded slowly as she walked away into the living room, sitting next to micheal as they talked. I sighed and walked over to William resting my head on his shoulder.

"What's wrong love?"

He turned.

"Nothing.

I spoke, looking around as I walked toward the kitchen table. I sat, and rested my cheek in my palm while my elbow placed on the table top.

William raised his brows and walked over, sitting in front of me and tilting his head. Was he suspicious, or just worried? I hadn't told William about me and Jonathan.. and neither did I want to. I didn't want him to react in a bad way.. especially since he and Jonathan weren't exactly the best of friends.

"Love, tell me what's going on."