𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ☆ 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬

A DIVORCE?

Why? what had happened.. what would make them file a divorce? oh, poor avery.. poor girl. what would happen to her after this, how would she feel? worst of all.. I felt horrible. if I had just told mary what had happened between me and jonathan, none of this would have happened. my eyes widened slightly as I stared, his grip still on my wrist. I pulled away slowly as I watched his eyes divert off of me and onto someone behind me. I turned and raised my brows, facing mary as I gulped and walked into the salon. she followed soon after exchanging a few words.

I sat on a chair in the lobby as I waited for mary. she sat beside me, looking forward as she sat her posture straight. I fixed my posture as well, diverting my eyes of her as I looked to my front. what was I supposed to say now? what would she do? what would she say to me.. would she leave?

"You and jonathan.. you-- a divorce?"

I finally let it out. furrowing my brows and tilting my head as I faced her.

"Mary.. you love him--"

"I don't. not-- not anymore.."

She sighed, furrowing her brows as well. it was clear, she was frustrated. if only.. I could tell her. I wanted to, so badly. but I was afraid.. I was always afraid. why? it made me so angry at my self, I wasn't able to do anything anymore! I was always so.. scared.

"Well, let's just enjoy our day!"

I put on a soft smile.

Mary nodded as an employee came to greet us, showing us to our seats. I had to put on a smile, if not things would go wrong. Mary would be upset with me.. Averys life would be ruined, and Jonathan..

I started a small conversation and cracked small jokes here and there, we talked and talked for hours. It seemed that she had already shrugged off the situation! I was.. glad.

                     ————————

I placed the telephone back in it's place and walked out of the booth. I smiled as I stood beside Mary. I had called William shortly after we left the mall, I needed him to pick up a certain someone. And since Micheal and Winfrey go to the same school I guessed it would be convenient.

"Is he coming?"

Mary asked as she turned to me, rummaging through her bag.

"Oh, yes.. in fact— I think I see him right there."

I pointed to a care at the far end of the parking lot. I spotted all three of them sitting and waiting. Avery looking through the window with a frown, Micheal doing the same. And William.. he looked like he was trying his best, but the frown on his face said otherwise.

"Alright then! See you soon!"

Mary waved, walking over to her car. I gave her a small wave and sighed, fixing my posture and walking toward the car. I opened the door to the front seat and sat next to William.

He turned his head, tilting it before a sly smirk appeared. I put on a light smile as I looked back into the mirror.

"Is something wrong? You all were sulking just now."

I chuckled, fixing my hair.

"You look very.. pretty miss y/n."

I smiled and nodded, thanking Micheal for the complement as I put on my seatbelt. I nodded toward William as he started driving.

It had been long since me I'd been with all of them. Hell, me and William never actually went on any dates, the situation was so complex that it didn't even cross my mind.

"Hey winfrey, how about you and Micheal you know.. "hang out" and avery's tomorrow? I'm sure Jonathan would love to tell you crime stories Micheal."

I smiled at the thought, his Crime stories were really interesting, and it's educating so why not right?

"Miss y/n there's been a few.. oh— alright then."

Micheal continued to look out the window as winfrey only nodded. My smile faded as William scoffed, winfrey sulking as well. What was wrong with those two? I could only hope that they would get along.

I sighed and looked through the window, we were already here. The place looked nice too.. William had good taste.

I smiled as I opened the car, Micheal doing the same. We all walked into the restaurant and sat at our booked table. I smiled, looking over at winfrey as William talked to the waitress. Was there something wrong?

"Hey win—"

Before I could continue she put on a light smile, facing me as she moved closer. She whispered something to me that left a small shock.

Really?

I thought to my self as a small smile creeped up. I don't expect to tell me a secret such as that. Well.. I'm her mother after all, wouldn't she be embarrassed of me telling someone? Well.. I assumed it was for the better.