𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ☆ 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬

WAS HE.. JEALOUS?

I snapped out of my thoughts as I stormed back into my home, only to find my daughters friend conversing with her in the hallway. Avery put on a smile and waved as she saw me. I only smiled lightly, as I continued to walk forward.

To my surprise my friend and her husband had arrived, I quickly put on a smile as I greeted them, hugging Mary as I gave Jonathan a light wave.

"What are you two doing here?"

I asked, my tone almost high pitched.

"We thought we might just come for a short visit, since Avery wanted to see Winfrey."

Mary replied, rubbing the back of her neck as she let out a nervous chuckle. Jonathan leaned back into the chair he sat on as he raised his brows.

"Oh alright, would you like anything to drink?"

"No thank you we just-"

She paused, as the house phone rang. I ignored it, thinking it was William before I turned back to them shaking my head then raising my brows.

"You just.."

I tilted my head.

"We just came to see you that's al, we'll be going now.. I'll see you again soon? Possibly?"

She smiled getting up as she held her purse in hand, giving me a hug before she walked into the hallway, getting Avery as they walked out of the door.

I turned back to look at Jonathan, as I nodded to him, picking up my purse as I began to walk toward the stair case. Before I could walk past him, he grabbed my wrist pulling back.

"Hm?"

I hummed.

"Why do you let him treat you like that?"

Treat me like what? Did they.. hear everything? My stomach dropped, they didn't need to know, maybe Mary.. but definitely not Jonathan.

"What do you mean?"

I tilted my head, simply trying to play it off.

"Why do you let him hurt you, or make you cry, why would you let him treat you like that?"

Jonathan tilted his head, his grip slightly tightening around my wrist. I flinched slightly, pulling my hand away from his grip quickly.

"He's not treating me badly, it was only a simple argument."

We all knew this was a lie. Winfrey knew it was a lie, I knew it was a lie, Mary knew it was a lie.. and Micheal did to. So what if Jonathan found out what happened? The case was long gone by now.

Jonathan's gaze softened as he raised his brows. He looked to my wrist, then looked back up at me. He seemed to have been contemplating, which I didn't quite pay attention to.

"What?"

"That.. fucking-"

Jonathan's boo ice was firm as he turned around, walking towards the door almost in a fit of anger, but I knew it was only irritation. I followed, scurrying quickly and grabbing his arm before he could make it down the hallway.

"Jonathan, what are you doing? It's only-"

I paused. Jonathan turned back, tilting his head as he raised his furrowed brows.

"Only, what?"

I hesitated to speak. I didn't want to speak about it, William had his problems.. and I didn't want to blame everything on him. But I knew it was all his fault, and I was sure he did too. But did that give me the right to bring back what happened in the past?

"Their only bruises.."