𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ☆ 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑰𝑿

I SAT, WATCHING WINFREY IN AWE

A Boyfriend?

It wasn't really surprising.. she had told me that she was hanging around a boy, But this was unexpected. I sat as I shrugged, a small smile making its way onto my face as the waitress left to go get our order.

I watched Micheal look around the restaurant. He looked bored, I didn't even realize how distant we had been since I left. I only figured I would talk to him later on.

"Y/N."

William spoke in a firm tone, a small grin forming on his face as he looked toward winfrey. She scoffed and glared, it was as if she was pleading for something.

"Did you know that your daughter.. is lying to you?"

I looked toward William, tilting my head as I furrowed my brows. Lie? Why would she lie? And lie about what?

"Why would she lie?"

I said as I faced William, looking back to winfrey as I saw her gaze piercing through William. She looked so guilty, it looked like she was about to burst. But why? Was something wrong?

"She doesn't have a boyfriend.. she's just saying to cover up what she did."

"Your such a crook William!"

Winfrey raised her voice, groaning as she furrowed her brows.

"I'm a crook, at least I didn't lie.."

He chuckled.

"Well I was just lying because I didn't what her to find out! Why did you tell her!?"

Winfrey yelled.

I looked around, as eyes fell on our table. Micheal looked as displeased as I was. Great, now everything was ruined.. I only wanted to reconnect them, so why did they have to to ruin it?

"You two should stop. Let's just-"

Before I could finish, I was interrupted by Winfrey yelling, it seemed she didn't care about anyone around her, while William did. He kept a clam and collective state while she only continued to Dorian her mind.

"You will never be my father, William afton!"

And with that, she left.. she stormed out. I sighed. I supposed it would be best to let her be, and it seemed Micheal had already gone after her. Why? Why did all of this have to happen now.. if only, if only William had ignored her, if only he kept his peace.

"Why did you do that?"

I leaned back, huffing.

"Because I don't like liar's. Why would I let her lie to her mother?"

William smiled and nodded at the waitress as she brought the food over to the table, I asked her to pack it up to go. She only nodded and left. It seemed that she didn't Ben want to be around, due to the tense and dense air around me and William.

"You look stunning, we're did you go before this?"

William asked, shrugging off the topic that was the subject of the matter. I had no idea why they hated each other so much, but I was going to try my best to fix it.

"And you always look handsome. The ladies at work say so too, but we don't really talk much."

I smiled.

"I was with Mary before this, we went to the salon to treat ourselves. I also met Jonathan there. It turns out clara was a victim of a robbery, and he was running an investigation. I suppose I was wrong, he isn't retired.. he is quite young. and then he told me that he-"

I could finish. William stood as he brushed his clothes off, and placed his hands in his pockets, he paid the bill and walked out. Men nodded their heads and women watched in awe as he walked out. I took the bag of food in hand and followed.

Why?

I could only ask myself that question several times. It was annoying honestly.. why couldn't I just make people happy. Did I have to make everyone I met angry with me? I always ruined their moods. But why?

I loved William yes, but it seemed I he wasn't happy at all. At least, that's what I thought. How? I'm not happy, yet I love him.. yet I feel guilty.

Why can't I just feel.. normal?