𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ☆ 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹

MY EYES FLUTTER OPEN AS I WATCH      THE DOOR IN THE CORRIDOR OPEN.

I felt.. fine? For the first time I felt fine. I felt like I didn't even need to drink something with caffeine in order to get my energy. I looked toward the corridor to find winfrey walking out of her room.

"Oh, morning mom.. you up early?"

She chuckled as she put her bag around her shoulder.

"Yes.. I'm normally sleep in, but today.. I feel great."

I smiled getting up and looking in the mirror. I looked, fresh. My eye bags were barely noticeable, if even say they were gone! What was happening? Was it the talk with winfrey? I didn't know how to explain it, but I was feeling fine!

I smiled as I kissed her on the forehead and walked into the bathroom. I took my shower and put on a brand new fitted dress Mary and I had bought together. Well.. it wasn't exactly brand new, but it looked new.

I walked out of my room to find winfrey at the table.

"Aren't you supposed to be at school?"

I smiled as I sat down, all she did was look. Why? Did I look bad? I curled my hair, and washed my face.. so why?

"You look.. very pretty mom."

My face lit up, did I? I looked pretty? Coming my dorm my daughter? She had enver complimented me in this way before, it was.. nice.

"Oh.. well, thank you."

I smiled, picking up my car keys and grabbing her hand. I sighed, and looked up.

"Winfrey.. you and I, are going to have dinner with William tonight."

"What?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed once more. I had no ideas why they hated each other so much, in fact.. I couldn't comprehend what was so bad about either of them to the other. Well.. winfrey didn't know exactly what I saw, but since she didn't know, why did she hate him? I wasn't going to tell her, and Micheal wasn't going to either. We agreed on that.

"Oh.. Come on! It's going to be nice, just.. please behave."

I smiled, and walked out of the house, waving. I had a cheery mood today. and since I was back.. I was ready to continue working. I was a complete mess last time.. why not take a different approach.

I promised Mary that we'd meet up after work, and I'm sure we'd love to see each other's looks right? I just hope nothing goes wrong. I hope, I don't have an encounter like that once more..

                 ———————————
                                 "Y/N?"

Mary spoke as she walked toward me, her purse in her hand. She smiled as she looked me up and down. I put on a light smile as I watched her, she looked.. amazing. My mood was amazing, and I was set on not allowing anyone to inflict anything and upon it.

"Y/n.. when I said dress up I didn't mean this! You look stunning!"

She smiled.

It was funny how we were having a girls day out right after work. It was nice to get a break once in a while right? And since I was back.. I thought I'd spend some time with a beloved friend. Not that I had any other than her.. right?

"You look even more stunning! Come on let's go, I think I saw a nice salon somewhere around here."

I smiled and pulled her along.

I smiled as soon as we spotted it, I gestured to go in as I looked through my purse. I looked around to see if it had feel on the floor, and low and behold.. it was her. Clara.. talking to, who?

I raised my brows as I stared, wondering why. Did Mary know he was here? Or did he say he'd meet up afterward?

Clara caught my gaze and walked over,  Jonathan following behind as he placed his hands in his pockets. She looked me up and down and smiled. I had fixed things with her right? Right?

"Oh.. Clara I—"

"You look very nice y/n."

She fixed her posture.

I smiled and gave her a hug. I did.. miss her. and all her complaints, not to mention how bad I felt about how she felt back when I was at Williams. She patted my back as we pulled away, walking into the salon and smiling as she left me alone with Jonathan.

I looked up, as he towered over me. I felt a bit bad about how I lashed out, I was just overwhelmed at the time. Although, I didn't regret it.. I avoided his gaze.

"Y/n.. Why did you call me an asshole?"

He tilted his head, looking me up and down before finally focusing on my eyes. It was as if he was offended, he didn't look offended at the time.. he only looked nonchalant.

"I was just feeling, overwhelmed that's all. I was— angry and something else. What.. what were you doing with Clara?"

I changed the subject. I wasn't ready to face the matter, as Mary didn't know what had happened. I only told her it was "Some guy" and lied, she deserved to know it was her husband.

"Oh.. She was a victim of a robbery. She was in the store when it happened. You look, pretty."

He put on a light smile.

"Oh, thank you. Well I better get going, Mary is waiting for me."

I said as I turned to walk away, only to feel a hand on my wrist. Why? What did he have to say. I sighed and turned back,

"Wh—"

"Y/n, Mary and I.. we filed a divorce."