After the Snow Storm

Y'all!!!!! It snowed where I am!!!!! We got a snow day!!! It's always such a surprise when it snows where I am. I used to live somewhere where the first snow day in around 50 years was after we left.

Okay, imagine that it snows in Enchantasia and I'm gonna make a one shot about that.

I wake up on a Saturday morning to hear Maxine yelling something about how it snowed over night.

"Maxine, it's the weekend! Go back to sleep!" I whined.

"But Gilly! It snowed!" Maxine screams happily.

I immediately sit up.

"Really?" I ask, jumping out of bed and going to look out the window.

"Really! We got a good 3 inches! Look!" Maxine squeals.

She's right! There is a layer of undisturbed, white snow covering the ground. It won't be undisturbed for long.

I quickly throw on an outfit that is fit for playing in the snow then run out the door to get the rest of my friends.

As soon as I get out the door I run I run directly into Jax, almost knocking us both over.

"Woah, slow down there Thief." Jax laughs.

"It snowed! Come on! I'm gonna get the others and we're all gonna go play in the snow!" I tell him. He's already in snow clothes so I guess we had the same idea.

"Sounds good to me, but I think we should eat first." Jax says.

I groan but follow him to the cafeteria. I quickly eat breakfast then run to get the others, Jax following close behind.

I find all the others, Hayley, Kayla, Ollie, Maxine, Jocelyn, and AG, standing next to the doors. Apparently they've been waiting for me and Jax.

"There you two are! Where have you been?" Kayla asks.

"We were eating breakfast." Jax says blankly.

"Whatever! Let's just go outside! The sooner we get outside, the sooner I get to hit people with snowballs." Jocelyn says, rolling her eyes.

We all walk outside and I'm immediately hit directly in the face with a snowball.

"Ow! Who did that?!" I yell, trying to get the snow out of my eyes and away from the neck of my coat. It's too late for that though. The cold snow has already made its way down the neck of both my coat, and the shirt I have on underneath it.

I finally get the snow out of my eyes and I look up to see a smirking Anna.

"What the crap Anna?!" I shout.

Anna throws another snowball and I duck, grabbing a fistful of snow and shaping it into a ball.

I throw the snowball at Anna and hit her shoulder. I thought about aiming for her face, but that's not how I roll.

After a few seconds, Jax starts throwing snowballs at Anna as well.

Suddenly, Hansel and Gretel come out of nowhere and start helping Anna!

"Take this you goodie-two-shoes! What? The Enchantasia heroine can't handle a little cold?" Hansel and Gretel yell.

Those freaking jerks! Another snowball flies right past my face.

"Jocelyn, AG, Maxine, Hayley, Kayla, Ollie, help us!" Jax calls to our friends.

Kayla and Ollie immediately start shaping the snow into balls and throwing them at my sister and her rude friends. AG and Maxine start to make us a wall to keep the snowballs from hitting us. Hayley wants no part in this and starts making snow angels. Jocelyn blasts incoming snowballs with fireballs.

Eventually, Anna, Hansel and Gretel give up and run back inside while we all start cheering.

I turn and see that Jax has made a snow angel.

"Bet you can't make a better snow angel than mine!" Jax challenges.

"Oh, it's on." I laugh, and start to make a snow angel right next to his.

Jax helps me up once I'm done and we both look at our snow angels.

"Guys! Which snow angel do you think is better?" I call to our friends.

Maxine makes her way over then starts laughing.

"What's so funny?" I ask as Kayla and Ollie make their way over to us.

Kayla and Ollie look at the snow angels then start laughing as well.

"What?" Jax asks.

"It looks like your snow angels are holding hands!" Kayla says.

I raise an eyebrow then examine the snow again.

Oh crap. It does look like our snow angels are holding hands.

"It's snowing again!" Hayley yells to us before our friends can tease us about how the snow angels must be 'in love like you two'.

"We should probably go inside, I'm freezing." AG says.

We all nod in agreement then start running to get back inside. We laugh the whole way back to the school, my hood falling down somewhere along the way, causing flecks the shimmering, falling snow to get in my hair.

Once we get back to the school we all walk into the entryway and I notice Jax staring at me. He quickly looks away while blushing.

I'm very confused but before I can ask about it I hear a familiar, friendly voice.

"Who wants some hot chocolate?" Beauty asks.

We all take a mug from her and thank her, then follow her into the library where she tells us to sit in front of the fireplace and she hands us each a blanket. We all thank Beauty again.

I look out the window.

Today was a good day. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.