Fake Dating

The past
3rd POV

"Tell me how it works again!"

"Alright, alright. When you fall in love, a mark will appear on your wrist. If you ever kiss the person you fall in love with, and they truly love you back, the mark will appear on your cheek and their cheek."

"What if I accidentally fall in love with them?"

"It doesn't matter Jaxon."

"It doesn't matter? Why not? What if I don't want to fall in love with them? What if they're my best friend, so falling in love with them would be weird?"

"If you love them, you love them. You can't change that."

"Alright. Thank you Mama."

At 12 years old, a mark appeared on Jax's wrist. He knew exactly why, and who made it appear. It was his best friend. The one person he couldn't fall in love with, the one person he cared about too much to ruin their friendship.

He was in love with Gillian Cobbler. His Thief.

Gilly's POV
The crew is 16 years old.

"Thief!"

I spin around and see my best friend walking across the cafeteria towards me.

"Yeah?" I ask.

Instead of responding, Jax pulls me into a hug.

"Please help me, my fans won't stop flirting with me." He whispers in my ear.

I roll my eyes.

"I don't get what they see in you." I whisper back.

"I'm offended. I am a very charming person. And a prince. I'm definitely someone that people would want to date." Jax whispers back.

"Let's talk in the hall. People are staring." I mutter.

He nods and we quickly walk into the halls. We find a small sitting area that no one is in and we sit across from each other.

"What did you need?" I question.

"Can we pretend to be dating? Everyone already thinks we are so it won't be too hard for others to believe. My fans will leave me alone and I'll owe you a favor." Jax blurts out.

I pause for a moment and think about it for a moment. Slowly, I nod.

"Alright. I can live with pretending to date you." I agree.

"Thank you! Is there anything we need to figure out?" He asks.

"Yes. We need to remember that this is pretend. We are not actually dating, so if we become so great at acting that one of us actually thinks we're dating, we'll have to let each other down gently." I say.

"How will I know if you fall in love with me?" He asks.

"Well, I probably won't. If I do, which is extremely unlikely, I'll probably call you Love. I won't call you darling or honey. How will I know if you fall in love with me?" I ask.

There's a pause that lasts a few moments.

"I'm not sure. I suppose I'll look like I'm in love with you." He answers.

"Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing anyway?" I point out.

"I guess you won't know then. I'll probably say something, or ask if I can kiss you." Jax says.

"Fair enough. I guess we'll have to be careful of that. When do you start acting like we're dating?" I ask, standing.

"Tomorrow?"