Parade

The FTRS crew is 16

"How did I get dragged into this?" Jax whines as he sits down beside me. I'm in the library with the rest of the FTRS crew and Jax was the last one to join us.

"What happened this time?" I ask, closing the book that I was previously reading.

"I have to be in a parade. On a float. A fancy one. And I have to wear a fancy suit." He tells us, laying his head on the table.

I try not to laugh. Really, I did! But I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing, almost crying from laughter. I know that I really shouldn't be laughing at my friend's misfortune, it was just too funny to me.

"Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want Thief, but I also get to bring someone with me in the parade. Guess who I'm going to pick now." Jax said, glaring over at me.

"No." I say immediately, opening my book again and starting to read.

"You have to. Just like how I have to be in the parade. Your coming." Jax said, narrowing his eyes even more. I back stare at him with a blank expression on my face.

"Fine." I finally say, looking back down at the pages even though I couldn't entirely focus on the words at the moment.

Everyone seems surprised by my answer.

"Wait, really? You're not going to have a huge argument about this? You're just going to agree?" Ollie asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

"What's the point? You're just going to somehow get me to do it anyway. I don't see the point in fighting when I'm going to lose anyway." I explain, not looking up.

"Sounds good to me. I'll tell Raz that you need a dress." Jax says, finally walking over to the shelves and choosing a book.

I shake my head before closing my book and standing from the table.

"Fine. I'm going to my room then. Have fun planning the parade and everything." I say, walking out the door. I immediately go to the gym instead. Push-ups help me think.

Time Skip~~~

It's the day of the parade today. When I woke up, I found the dress I was supposed to wear today. I'd been told that me and Jax would have matching colors and a matching style.

As soon as I got the dress on, someone burst into my dorm room and immediately got to work on my hair and makeup.

I'd managed to convince them to choose a high ponytail and fairly simple makeup. I didn't want anything to fancy, and I'm glad that they understood that.

The dress I wore was a light purple color at the top, like Jax's eyes, but it slowly faded into a dark purple, like the streak in my hair. The dress stopped with the front just barely below my knees and the back of the dress halfway to my ankles. (It's a high-low dress)

Somehow (Jax probably helped) I was allowed to wear my boots. The laces had been switched out with more purple, even though I protested. There was one piece of clothing that wasn't purple though. It was a pair of sky-blue fingerless gloves.

Jax walks into the room. He's wearing a suit. The suit jacket is violet and the pants are dark purple. He also has a pair of blue fingerless gloves.

"Nice. Matching outfits. Great. Fabulous." I say flatly, twirling the end of my ponytail around my finger.

"You look nice." Jax says, ignoring my comment.

"Jeez, now I feel bad about being sarcastic. You need to stop doing that... And I guess you look nice as well... Thank you." I mutter, tugging at my gloves.