It's a Love Story

Something like this happened at one of the dances I went to except it wasn't 'real'. Some lyrics from Love Story by Taylor Swift will be in here and those lyrics belong to Taylor Swift, not me.

The crew is 19.
Gilly's POV

I take one last look in the mirror. Kayla said it was a 'Fancy Dance' so I'm not sure how good I did with my outfit but I think it looks pretty good. I'm wearing a white button down shirt, a black tie, a black suit jacket, a grey skirt that goes to my ankles, and black shoes.

I let my hair down so it falls to my lower back in soft waves. I'm wearing natural makeup. Eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick.

I start walking to the gym/ballroom of FTRS. My shoes click on the stone floor. Everyone is already there, and I'm only about five minutes late.

I step into the gym and immediately go to my group. We all start talking to each other near the snack table. Sometimes someone will come up to us and say hello or ask how we're doing.

Jax isn't here yet. That's unfortunate. He's the only reason that I come to the dances. He makes them more fun, which is one of the reasons that he's my boyfriend. We've been dating for three years.

I push my hair out of my face and look around again. Where is he? He said that he had a surprise for me and having to wait this long is killing me.

About thirty minutes in, I walk out a bit closer to the dance floor and start dancing. It's not really dancing though, more like jumping a bunch and spinning a few times with arm movements.

That's when the song comes on.

You know the songs that everyone knows? The ones that everyone sings and dances to? The ones where everyone seems to know the whole song, all the lyrics, and how to dance to the song best.

Love Story by Taylor Swift. That's the song. I know it too, and I'm not going to lie and say that I wasn't singing along. I was actually listening to this song just the other day with Jax. I wonder what's taking him so long. We figured out a whole dance to this and everything.

"'Is this all in my head? I don't know what to think,' he knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said-" The music stops suddenly and a small click sounds from nearby. I look around, wondering what was going on.

Then the music starts again but with a different voice. This is a voice I know. I've heard this voice everyday for the last three years. I turn around and gasp.

"'Marry me Gillian, you'll never have to be alone. I love you and that's all I really know. I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress. It's a love story baby just say..." Jax sings. He's on one knee in front of me, holding an open box with a ring in it in one hand and a microphone in the other hand.

"Yes!" I exclaim, covering my mouth and trying not to ruin my makeup.

Jax takes my left hand and puts the ring on my finger. People around us start clapping and cheering as Jax kisses me.

The song changes and Jax picks me up, spinning me in a circle with my arms around his shoulders and his arms around my waist. As soon as it gets to the chorus of the song, Jax puts me down, kisses me again, then picks me back up bridal style.

I laugh as we spin again. As soon as he puts me down, I hug him tightly. He hugs me back just as tight. And neither of us let go.