Chpt14

Aaliyah's POV

I woke up in the hospital with stitches in my head and a minor concussion.
Nothing I wasn't used to after breaking ribs, arms, legs, and head injuries from wrecking in snowboarding.
I've never had stitches before though it was new to me.

"Okay do I need to sign something so we can get her back to the hotel" Bart asked the nurse.

"Are you her parental guardian?" The nurse questioned. My stomach dropped when i remembered I have no parents. My lip twitched and my eyes watered making me cheeks feel hot.
Matt looked at me concerned.

Bart shook his head 'no'

"We can not release her without her legal guardians signature" the doctor smiled politely and dang was that doctor ugly.

My chest felt like a building was on top off it. I miss my mama.

Bart looked stressed and worried.

"Call your mom" Bart commanded Matt. Without hesitation Matt pulled out his phone and called his mother, I wish I had one.

"Hey mom" he said trying to sound innocent and not guilty. Their conversation went on for five minutes.
The doctors and Bart sat patiently waiting for a response from Matt.

"She can't fly down here tonight" he said chewing his bottom lip.

"Also she's not technically Aliyah's legal parent, we're only taking care of her" he explained softly. My head was spinning what felt like 80 miles per hour.

"We are gonna have to call a orphanage or child care" The nurse mentioned.
The anger started getting to my head.

"No please don't" I shouted sitting up.

"Ally, please calm down" Bart said lightly pushing me back down onto the hospital bed.

"I'm going to have to ask you two to leave until this gets figured out" the doctor says escorting Matt and Bart out of the room. Matt shot me a concerned look before he left. I dug my thumb nail into the side of my thigh in frustration, I don't know why but it just happens when I'm angry. I have a collection of nail markings buried into my skin, I don't consider it self harm.

Matt's POV

"fuck"

I've honestly never heard Bart swear before, at least not out loud. My mother was furious on the phone. I don't know what to do about Aliyah. I feel like It's my fault.

Tomorrow she is flying out to California even though she can't do much besides argue with the doctors.

"There's nothing I can do" she said sorry.

"Can't we adopted her" I whined almost crying, can't explain why but I wanted to cry.

"Matthew, honey we don't have the money to adopt her, plus she's not even up for adoption" she sweetly explained to me. I hung up the phone.